Not open for further replies.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Everywhere I went.

Let's see. Indiana Members Credit Union Avon, Indiana Members Credit Union Speedway, Lowe's and Menard's Avon, BP station 16th and Tibbs Ave., Marsh and Kroger Speedway, West Side Pantry 16th and Tibbs, my shop, Indy Stockyards Bank Building 60 E. Market St., and Bradis in Camby. :yesway: :D Need to put it away now though as I am going to a meeting at Church which has a pre-school and grades K through 3 school. :noway: :xmad:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    OC at several shops on the eastside of Indianapolis today while filling out applications for jobs. Petsmart, Uncle Bills, two veterinary clinics, and a few others.

THAT'S an interesting approach. Did anyone question you about carrying while you were filling out applications? Do you know if any of the companies you filled out applications for had 'No Weapon' policies?

Do you plan on OCing while you work there?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ouch. That's an ACoE property.

I didn't realize that, didn't see any signs anywhere designating it as such. That might be something that needs to be addressed. It's labeled as a State Park. Also, they had a sign up for a place for hunters to sign in (down by teh big boat loading ramp on the southern end of the park). Why would they have that?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I didn't realize that, didn't see any signs anywhere designating it as such. That might be something that needs to be addressed. It's labeled as a State Park. Also, they had a sign up for a place for hunters to sign in (down by teh big boat loading ramp on the southern end of the park). Why would they have that?

It is legal to hunt on ACoE property, with certain restrictions. All covered in the Rules and Regs linked above.

As for signage, I haven't been there in person (since I prefer to carry). I know it is advertised as ACoE in the literature (linked above). There are also ACoE boundary markers (orange stakes) around the property, possibly not obvious once on the property itself.

The ACoE is the LAST holdout for allowing otherwise lawful carry on public property. ALL other Federal land management divisions have converted to "following local laws and ordinances", though they still follow the "not in federal buildings" code. I believe there is a bill in Congress to change this, though I am not sure of the number or status.

You can also contact the Louisville District office, and the Commander there (Colonel Luke Leonard) to request written permission to carry on ACoE property. I am still waiting for a response from my request.

Contact info:
    Mailing Address:
    U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville
    P.O. Box 59
    Louisville, KY 40201-0059

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is legal to hunt on ACoE property, with certain restrictions. All covered in the Rules and Regs linked above.

As for signage, I haven't been there in person (since I prefer to carry). I know it is advertised as ACoE in the literature (linked above). There are also ACoE boundary markers (orange stakes) around the property, possibly not obvious once on the property itself.

The ACoE is the LAST holdout for allowing otherwise lawful carry on public property. ALL other Federal land management divisions have converted to "following local laws and ordinances", though they still follow the "not in federal buildings" code. I believe there is a bill in Congress to change this, though I am not sure of the number or status.

You can also contact the Louisville District office, and the Commander there (Colonel Luke Leonard) to request written permission to carry on ACoE property. I am still waiting for a response from my request.

Contact info:
    Mailing Address:
    U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville
    P.O. Box 59
    Louisville, KY 40201-0059

LOL, how long ago did you make that request?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Sport Clips on Southport RD, Speedway Mann RD and KY Ave (every morning). Profire Arms :rockwoot:near the White Castle(29th of June)!!! The Marsh at Mann and KY Ave. Let's see that's just where I get out of the truck the most lol.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Subway down in Columbus. A sheriff's car was outside, and two officers (assuming one was a sheriff) eating at a table.

Being the slowest Subway in Indiana... i stood in line very noticably. They finished their food eventually, and walked by, didn't seem to care. One of those rare situations where the officer knows the laws!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Carried OC all day today, and for a while, I even OC'd two weapons! Although, that was only while I was at the pistol range, so I guess it isn't that impressive. And it was my M16A4 and my M9 since I'm in Range Week. :rockwoot:

Look, whatever, Jeremy has been posting about when he OC's his duty weapons all the time for, like, ever and I have been waiting so long to do it too, so :p

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom