• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I'm seeing an easing in the Evansville area. 9mm and .22lr still hard to find, but .45, 7.62X39mm and 5.56 are resurfacing here and there...Walmart, Rural King, local gun shops. Picked up some Tula .223 for $6.98 a box at Right to Bear Arms gun shop today and some PMC Bronze .223 for $7.97 last week.

BAZOOKa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Plymouth
    It would appear we are on the downslope. I hope as many people are stuck with overpriced ammo as there are with overpriced magazines. I am seeing high priced ammo sit longer and longer before going out of stock. CTD takes the cake for the most unreal prices and attempts to feed the paranoia. I will sit this one out until it is over from here on out.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    It would appear we are on the downslope. I hope as many people are stuck with overpriced ammo as there are with overpriced magazines. I am seeing high priced ammo sit longer and longer before going out of stock. CTD takes the cake for the most unreal prices and attempts to feed the paranoia. I will sit this one out until it is over from here on out.

I agree i think that the people that bought at gouging prices are happy with what they got and won't be buying more. There are also some of us that are willing to sit and wait it out.

jjreihl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Wallyworld Price Drop

According to the Walmart app, the price for 9mm dropped $2 from $13.97 to $11.97. Hopefully, that's a good sign for the end of the great ammo panic of '12-'13.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I am also new into the gun world. I called Greg Garrison today on his local Indy talk show since he is a long time gun guy. He said it's NOT the government that has caused the shortage but us civilians that have gone crazy and are buying everything we can get our hands on right now. It's just supply and demand. He said he has looked into it himself and the reports about the Feds buying up everything is simply NOT true. Just Internet hype. I would believe him over every other source out there.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    According to the Walmart app, the price for 9mm dropped $2 from $13.97 to $11.97. Hopefully, that's a good sign for the end of the great ammo panic of '12-'13.

:postpics:

In this case, screen shots from your phone.

NONE on the stores I've bought from have dropped below $13.97

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I am also new into the gun world. I called Greg Garrison today on his local Indy talk show since he is a long time gun guy. He said it's NOT the government that has caused the shortage but us civilians that have gone crazy and are buying everything we can get our hands on right now. It's just supply and demand. He said he has looked into it himself and the reports about the Feds buying up everything is simply NOT true. Just Internet hype. I would believe him over every other source out there.

That's why Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ADMITTED to ordering the 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo on video. She also stated part of the reason for buying such a large amount was because the THEY train and qualify local law enforcement. Every local officer I've asked about this has said their training and qualifying is still done by THEIR department or with another local department.

Feds admit drying up ammo supplies
    ^^^^^
    The title for this video is misleading. DHS never admitted to drying up the ammo, only ordering the 1.6 billion rounds.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    It will last as long as people are afraid something is going to happen to guns and ammo. I also think that the vultures(gougers) know that there are a lot of new first time gun owners that have very little ammo and don't know what pre-obama, pre-Newtown prices were.

Very perceptive. I agree that new gun owners -- and I, for one am glad there are so many -- do not know what ammo prices should be, and are being taken advantage of by the immoral vultures. My concern is that when the supply comes back that it will be at the inflated prices.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    That's why Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ADMITTED to ordering the 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo on video. She also stated part of the reason for buying such a large amount was because the THEY train and qualify local law enforcement. Every local officer I've asked about this has said their training and qualifying is still done by THEIR department or with another local department.

Feds admit drying up ammo supplies
    ^^^^^
    The title for this video is misleading. DHS never admitted to drying up the ammo, only ordering the 1.6 billion rounds.

Looks like Mona Lisa, but smells line tuna fish. Fishy, for sure.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    How about this....lets start the rumor that the toilet paper industry is being hit with shortages of supplies due to federal constraints and maybe people will start buying it and hoarding it and leaving some ammo on the shelf for INGO. Yes? Who's with me?!

Lets tell the libs there's a shortage of air on mother earth... perhaps they'll stop breathing to save "her", Problem solved.

Top Bottom