• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This is pretty fat bastard behavior, but I've recently taken to dipping Oreos in coffee. It's pretty good.

I have to guiltily admit that I have discovered that a Hershey bar with almonds goes very well with coffee.
    The only way I can foresee it being any better would be if said Hershey bar were dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unless Maxwell House or Folger's is on sale, I usually just buy the Kroger "Supreme Blend". Can't get any better than that. I mean it says "Supreme" right there on the label!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just received my order in the mail today. Came with 2 stickers. Brewing it now. Should be good after my round of golf and dinner.

UPDATE: It's pretty good. Not to strong but a good flavor. When I try a new flavor/brand, I always make it black the first time. Most I have to sweeten a little. Or I add real butter. I can drink this black which is rare for me.

Not sure it's worth the cost but I'll enjoy it since I already have it. If I didn't have to spend $8 extra for the shipping, I might buy it more often.

Last edited:

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    i've been getting the 2 bagger in the BRCC club, and like said earlier, free shipping. joined the club after my first web order after i realized i could come out ahead for 2 bags that way. looks like they have a 60 day recurrence option now. i like the silencer smooth, murdered out, beyond black, just black blend. Black Beards delight was ok for me, but found it strong. i gave a bag of murdered out tothe wife to take to work, she and all her co workiers love it.
    They have a code for 10% off a web order, if someone wants it i'll see if i can find it at work. but honestly, the club is the way to go if you try the BRCC stuff. it's super easy to cancel a subscription at any time, and just as easy to reinstate it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I made the Blackrifle coffe for my wife this morning instead of the Crio-Bru and didn't tell her what it was. She really likes it. She just started drinking cofffe about 3 months ago and is still real picky about what she likes. I really like this stuff.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I keep meaning to look into Black Rifle coffee, especially because it is a veteran owned and operated business. I do like Ground & Hounds coffee, especially the alpha blend; https://groundsandhoundscoffee.com/

I like that 20% of the proceeds (not profit) go to help rescue dogs

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just signed up for the Blackrifle Coffee Club. I'm getting 2 bags delivered every 60 days for $25. Free shipping too. (As mentioned earlier in this thread)
    You can change blends, how many bags as often as you want.

Since Mrs. Bigtanker likes it too, I figured why not.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Aldi has an organic Honduran whole bean for under five dollars for a 12 oz. bag that is surprisingly good. Last mont my wife bought me some Brazilian whole bean from Walmart that was pretty good, too. Think it was about $6 for a can.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can attest that BRC is excellent.

As for what is best? Beans so freshly roasted that the oil still hasn't evaporated. My preference is roasting to the second crack. And my preference would be a Guatemala Antigua, or Mexican (Chiapas or Oaxacan) - though, I'm good with anything from Central America as well.

Top Bottom