• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    This conversation leaves me conflicted. If I was there and did have my gun on me what would I do? Honestly I don't know. Fire a round into the air? Honk my horn? yell? Scream? What is a person to do when a strangers life is in danger? Risk their own? risk the lives of their family? Conflicted, very conflicted.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    This conversation leaves me conflicted. If I was there and did have my gun on me what would I do? Honestly I don't know. Fire a round into the air? Honk my horn? yell? Scream? What is a person to do when a strangers life is in danger? Risk their own? risk the lives of their family? Conflicted, very conflicted.

Family to safety, 911 called with my description, self to the battle with horn blaring and screaming the cops are coming and drop the first sob that tries to attack me with my bumper or firearm.
    Keep defending til help arrives.

Of course in reality I would have to be really fast to stop the wife from wading in herself or I could count on her for 7 wild a$$ shots in the direction of my attackers out of her .45 before I even cleared leather.

Pray they are around the corner!

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Family to safety, 911 called with my description, self to the battle with horn blaring and screaming the cops are coming and drop the first sob that tries to attack me with my bumper or firearm.
    Keep defending til help arrives.

Pray they are around the corner!

Wow good plan. The only challenge comes with changing it as the situation variables change. I like your responses oldfb I think you make very good points. The bottom line though is that if you involve yourself in this situation you not only may be risking your life but you may be putting yourself in legal jeopardy. Is it worth it? I think so honestly. To know that you saved a life rather than watch them die or be permanently injured would be a good feeling. I guess my point is it is sad that we have to be so worried about getting in legal trouble over saving someones life. It shouldn't even be a second thought. That is what this country is coming to in my opinion though. I think RM did the right thing considering her circumstances don't get me wrong.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    gun or no gun, you help someone out. One day you might be that person on the ground, then what are you going to do when you see people just watching you die.

If the group beats the crap out of me so be it. Hasn't happened yet but it always could.

P.S. like someone said above perfect application for the SPRAY.

EDIT> this would be by myself of course the family would be safe in every account.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I still feel guilty even though I know I did all I could in my situation.
    I also understand what PS and others are saying.

And this is why...
    5 years ago, I was working at a gas station in CentralFlorida and was randomly attacked. A woman jumped on me from behind. I was the only worker there...but the store was full (of mostly men). NOT ONE person got this lady off my back...not one. After that I always swore to myself if I saw anything like that, I would try to help as much as I could. If the crowd of people wasn't so thick, I don't doubt for a second I would have done anything in my power to stop the attack. But with as many people that were there...even with a gun, I'm not sure if I would do more than I did. I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe I would have tried to get more civilians together to help? I don't know. I wouldn't change a thing I did, unless my I was alone or with my husband but withOUT my daughter.

This whole thing has me thinking a lot more. And though, I hope I am never in this situation again, I need to prepare myself for this exact kind of situation.
    I did yell and honk and flash my lights. I tried to draw as much attention as possible to the area.

I too think about if it was my daughter...or sister...or mother etc. I would hope there would be a stand up person around to do SOMETHING. Anything. But in this world now-a-days, I wouldn't hold my breath!

RM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Something that was stressed over and over again when I took the 4 hour course to get my (Florida) CWP....

"Just because you carry a weapon, does NOT mean you're a cop."

Granted, that doesn't "exactly" apply here, as you weren't carrying a weapon, but the concept is the same. Being a responsible citizen doesn't obligate you to step into a dangerous situation, especially when your family is present and might be endangered by doing so. You did the right thing in calling the police...its their job to handle situations like this, and quite frankly, you did more than most people (IMHO) would have done.

Top Bottom