What new firearms would you like to see developed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I would be interested in someone to make newly manufactured M1 Garand, 03A3 Springfield and Lee Enfields. Just purely as shooters so you don’t have to worry about any “value” I’m sure I’m not the only one that loves older Military stuff.

Springfield had new M1s about 20 years ago but dropped them.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Finally, I have a dream trail gun that nobody makes. I want a Scandium-Framed, 5-Shot S&W L-Frame with a steel cylinder, 2 3/4" barrel, adjustable sights, chambered in .45 Colt, and cut for moon clips so you can shoot .45 ACP out of it too. Think a Model 69, but scandium and chambered in .45. Carried in .45 Colt it would pack plenty of punch for the trail, but you could switch to .45 ACP for lighter recoil and faster reloads for around town. This is huge to me, as my backpacking gun has to do double-duty as my carry piece to and from the trail...I'm not bringing along an extra gun to leave in the car at some remote trailhead for days while I'm off hiking...perfect environment for thievery.
    Great idea..count me in! I could go with a barrel up to 4" and not necessary to take 45 ACP...but I would live with it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    On the realistic side, I'd like a CZ 75 P-01 chambered in 357 sig or better yet 38SA

I'd like the same caliber options in a 10.5 inch PCC using CZ mags

On the unrealistic side, a CC appropriate sized magnetic rail gun. No muzzle flash and considerably less blast noise I would imagine so no suppressor needed

This would of course bring on the number of shots before recharge 'range' sorts of argument ongoing in the electric car thread. The ideal weapon would be able to use two magazines worth before recharges would be needed or perhaps the battery would occupy the Maxwell space and the projectiles would be overlapping hollow-based cones that would neatly occupy what was formerly the breech space

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would like to see manufacturers figure out that barrel length doesn't do anything to help conceal a pistol. Full sized grips with short barrels do literally nothing to help concealment. Maybe a G19 sized slide with a G26 sized grip frame would be ideal and other models and brands follow suit. I know it's been done in the aftermarket but would like to see factory offerings.

Oh and more CCO sized 1911s in .45 with steel frames

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I would be interested in someone to make newly manufactured M1 Garand, 03A3 Springfield and Lee Enfields. Just purely as shooters so you don’t have to worry about any “value” I’m sure I’m not the only one that loves older Military stuff.

Springfield had new M1s about 20 years ago but dropped them.
    As a total fantasy I'd love to see a whole new company dedicated to affordable repros of WW1 and WW2 firearms to capitalize on Forgotten Weapons and video games and other stuff driving up interest.

Yes, reengineering old stuff is challenging, but we also have modern manufacturing and metallurgy available and perhaps a clever set of engineers can find ways around the machining time requirements and such of old designs.

A C96, Grease Gun, 1903, pocket hammerless, and Thompson repro would be a cool starting lineup. Hit those guns that are cresting the $1k mark for even rough examples and sell your repro for $7-800. Go parkerized on the low end and offer a legitimate old school bluing as a higher end option.

It's total fantasy and would crash and burn immediately but...eh, a nerd can dream of a C96 cheap and reliable in 9mm for thrashing at matches.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    As a total fantasy I'd love to see a whole new company dedicated to affordable repros of WW1 and WW2 firearms to capitalize on Forgotten Weapons and video games and other stuff driving up interest.

Yes, reengineering old stuff is challenging, but we also have modern manufacturing and metallurgy available and perhaps a clever set of engineers can find ways around the machining time requirements and such of old designs.

A C96, Grease Gun, 1903, pocket hammerless, and Thompson repro would be a cool starting lineup. Hit those guns that are cresting the $1k mark for even rough examples and sell your repro for $7-800. Go parkerized on the low end and offer a legitimate old school bluing as a higher end option.

It's total fantasy and would crash and burn immediately but...eh, a nerd can dream of a C96 cheap and reliable in 9mm for thrashing at matches.
    I so could go for a faithful repro of MP40 in 9mm and PPSh !!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A CZ SP01 in .357 Sig would be fun as would a Luger in .357 Sig. The idea of an AR in .30 Carbine is a good one. I wonder if AR mags could handle the M1 Carbine case. I’ll have to play around with that next time I’m in the safe.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel

And people thought I was dreaming?
    Seriously?

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    The open bolt guns are a challenge, as are the short barreled subguns. They'd have to have some kind of cludgy brace adapter and a closed bolt conversion, or some significant engineering changes.
    Could you educate me on this:
    Why can’t an exact replica be made? For legal, or for functional reasons?

Both of these were made by the millions, and issued to front-line troops who beat the heck out them, frequently on their enemy’s heads, and still functioned. So why re-do perfection?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A CZ SP01 in .357 Sig would be fun as would a Luger in .357 Sig. The idea of an AR in .30 Carbine is a good one. I wonder if AR mags could handle the M1 Carbine case. I’ll have to play around with that next time I’m in the safe.
    Let us know your findings with the 30 carbine cartridges in AR-15 magazines. Hopefully just a follower change. But I'm thinking the magazines feed lips are to wide and would have to be changed to accommodate the 30 carbine cartridge.

Top Bottom