• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I need to be taken to school regarding Ruger rifles. I'm interested in their Hawkeye models versus their budget American line. I've read online where Ruger rifles aren't the most accurate made, but I want to hear what INGO has to say.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Only first-hand experience I've had with Ruger rifles has been with the 10/22. What can I say? It's a great, and accurate rifle.
    I've read a lot of good things about the Ruger American.
    The Ruger #1 and #3 rifles are so strong they have their own load listings in the reloading manual, much like the Ruger Red/Blackhawks.

My guess is, most Ruger products you'll find will be quality firearms.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have owned a Ruger 77/17 and own a Ruger 10/22. IMHO they are great American made rifles that are a quality item. I believe the craftsmanship on them (for the money) are outstanding. You cannot go wrong in my opinion.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I just want a good every day rifle that I can either take through the woods or put a fair amount of rounds through during a range trip. I'm not looking for match accuracy, but I do need to be in the neighborhood of where I'm aiming.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I just want a good every day rifle that I can either take through the woods or put a fair amount of rounds through during a range trip. I'm not looking for match accuracy, but I do need to be in the neighborhood of where I'm aiming.

Then a Ruger is the way to go. They are the best looking, handling, and feeling of the large brands and at a great price. You can't go wrong. Expect 1-1.5MOA without any work on your part.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    So far so good. No one has told me to pump my brakes yet. I've been kicking around the idea of a short barreled rifle for a couple of weeks, and a few of Ruger's compact models have caught me eye.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    For the money I don't know that you can do much better than the American. I have one in .223 which has been very reliable and accurate (I bought it when I had to send my Remington 700 back for recall. Now need to sell the 700.) I have an American in 7mm-08 ordered.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Have a gunsite scout in 308. A little pricey but I love the rifle. It's the stainless version with a 18" barrel. Plenty accurate for me.
    Also have a 10/22.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ruger is good to go and I have owned several. All have shot well with great fit and finish. Got a Savage a few years ago. Fit and finish is not as nice although it will out shoot the Ruger all day.

I would be looking real hard at Savage. I dont care about looks and opt for accuracy. If you want a nicer looking gun that shoots good go with Ruger.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I need to be taken to school regarding Ruger rifles. I'm interested in their Hawkeye models versus their budget American line. I've read online where Ruger rifles aren't the most accurate made, but I want to hear what INGO has to say.

I've got a Ruger American in .22 magnum and am quite satisfied with it. I can't speak to the accuracy as I can't shoot well enough to hit its limits. The trigger is on par with more expensive offerings, I can say that.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I currently own a pair of security's sixes, a 70's era 22 aura pistol, a redhawk, a lcp and a 77/44 rifle. The rifle does put the first shot where it belongs, but the barrel heats up and group sizes suck. My only complaint out of the whole bunch.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I have a 10/22 I bought in the late '80's, it is still going strong and still more accurate than me. It has not been treated like a safe queen. The trigger could be better, but it is what is.
    next up is a new American rimfire. Haven't put enough rounds through it yet. It is competing with my Savage MkII to see which one stays. Initial impression is it will win.
    Next, is my son's Model 77 in 22 Hornet. He loves it. Every time he shoots it he is all smiles. He reminds me all of the time what a tack driver it is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom