What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Anyone watch The Equalizer after the Superbowl last evening?
    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but not nearly as good as the original series or the Denzel movies.

They had to do so much cinematic trickery to make the Queen look believable in fight scenes it made me nauseous. It appears Hollywood no longer does "real" explosions anymore and they all look so CGI fake like a cartoon now.

As an IT guy, I shouldn't long for the pre-super computer days, but I do.

+1 For The Expanse if you're into Space-Fi. At least the effects are excellent and the characters have developed decently even if the story line parallels modern politics a little too close.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wife talked me into watching "Outlander", it's not bad, she likes it more than I.

Outlander is fantastic. I got hooked on it a year or so ago, the wife has not watched a single episode.

I thought about recommending it to my mom, just not sure she could take all the boobs.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but not nearly as good as the original series or the Denzel movies.

They had to do so much cinematic trickery to make the Queen look believable in fight scenes it made me nauseous. It appears Hollywood no longer does "real" explosions anymore and they all look so CGI fake like a cartoon now.

As an IT guy, I shouldn't long for the pre-super computer days, but I do.

+1 For The Expanse if you're into Space-Fi. At least the effects are excellent and the characters have developed decently even if the story line parallels modern politics a little too close.
    I watched it too. Meh, while I can appreciate decent familiar actors, regular network action series just take way to much liberty. Queen Latifa, multiple armed attackers? :dunno:

Like LA's Finest, if nothing else to watch it will do. While I like Queen Latifa, she ain't no Gabriel Union or Jessica Alba. :twocents:

I'm not into Space-Fi, but in the absence of anything else, I find myself in the second season of The Expanse.

I'd kill for some decently directed/acted Action or Thriller or Drama series.

I've been watching Your Honor, it's pretty good. If only there was a selection of series like this, as there was just a year ago...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Outlander is fantastic. I got hooked on it a year or so ago, the wife has not watched a single episode.

I thought about recommending it to my mom, just not sure she could take all the boobs.
    Honestly, I can't. I'm pretty sure every episode has at least one scene I'd rather not have on my TV; but I'm just a half owner of it...

I guess if they were bigger I might be more accepting.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly, I can't. I'm pretty sure every episode has at least one scene I'd rather not have on my TV; but I'm just a half owner of it...

I guess if they were bigger I might be more accepting.

I am in season 4 and I do not think I have seen Claires boobs once this season. They have tamed it down quite a bit as the series goes on.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just started "The Unsettling", creepy, I like it...Wife, nope, she hates scary stuff.
    We've been trying Outlander, we both kind of like it, but find it very slow.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Finished up both seasons of Mindhunter on netflix. Really wish there was more to come, but sounds like it won't happen. I really liked the historical fiction aspect. Some very real characters, real time line, but also a splash of fictional plot line with the characters.

Wife and I watched the limited series Evil Genius today about the bank robbery where the guy was allegedly forced to wear a bomb around his neck and rob a bank. That was OK. Some seriously crazy people. Think Carol Baskin x 10.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just started This is Us on Hulu. I think it's a keeper. (Probably totally a chick program, but, well...)
    Have you watched Heartland on Netflix? Wife and I are about 3 seasons in and it's a good low stress show. No cussing, no killing , and everyone keeps their clothes on. Despite all that I like it. :cool:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Heartland is good and family friendly.
    Other shows we are watching on Netflix (not all family friendly) include:
    The Sinner
    Designated Survivor
    Shooter
    Outlander

Everwood on Amazon Prime is a good one that is also family friendly.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Have you watched Heartland on Netflix? Wife and I are about 3 seasons in and it's a good low stress show. No cussing, no killing , and everyone keeps their clothes on. Despite all that I like it. :cool:
    Good to know. I'll definitely put it in the rotation.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just started watching "The Unit" (again) on Amazon Prime- free with commercials.
    I liked that show when it was on. I might have to check it out again. I still remember the one episode where they had a pistol completely stripped and they blindfolded the guy and had him put it together. I have been meaning to try that every since. :)

As long as it's not my Ruger MKII, I think I could do it with anything else I own.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wife started us watching The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. I think we just finished season 1. Distopian future after a coup/civil war in the US, where fertile women have been subjugated to slavery, so far told through the lens of a handmaid. Not my normal wheelhouse, nor my wife's (surprised she wanted to watch it), but pretty good so far.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I liked that show when it was on. I might have to check it out again. I still remember the one episode where they had a pistol completely stripped and they blindfolded the guy and had him put it together. I have been meaning to try that every since. :)

As long as it's not my Ruger MKII, I think I could do it with anything else I own.
    I remember that scene.

I am currently listening to Eric Haney's book "Inside the Delta Force" on my daily commute, upon which the TV show is loosely based. Love the book.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom