What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We also don't have this issue. We do have a different issue.
    Quite often when there is approximately 10 minutes left in a show it will just switch to the next episode. You have to stop and go back to the other episode to finish watching it.
    I've had that happen also. Seems like it was bad for a while, but not any more.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    OK, raise your hand if you have Hulu. Those who have Hulu, answer me this. Does anyone besides me have an issue with Hulu shows consistently starting at the 2:00 mark even though they have never been watched? I have to rewind through the first two minutes back to the beginning of every single show every single time.
    Nope. You're just "special"! :)

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    OK, raise your hand if you have Hulu. Those who have Hulu, answer me this. Does anyone besides me have an issue with Hulu shows consistently starting at the 2:00 mark even though they have never been watched? I have to rewind through the first two minutes back to the beginning of every single show every single time.

Nope, never had that issue.

I do wish they had numbered channels and a regular remote.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What do you mean by a "regular remote"? Mine just works with whatever remote im using for that V or cable box.

I have Roku and I run Hulu through that. The channels are not not numbered and have to scroll through all the channels using the up and down buttons.

I have a brand new LG TV and it has Hulu programed into it but it is the same thing, no numbers.

I still use the Roku because I occasionally watch Glenn Becks, The Blaze channel and it is not available on the LG list.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My problem with hulu is a serious lag when trying to pause/ff/rw/play. Hit the button and then it seems like whenever it feels like it it will do what I want. Cable box, but I don't have the problem (or least nowhere near as bad) with any of the other apps.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just found out that Dragnet and Adam-12 are on IMDb. free with ads- IMDb is its own thing, or on Prime. These are two of my favorite old shows. It's TV comfort food.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just found out that Dragnet and Adam-12 are on IMDb. free with ads- IMDb is its own thing, or on Prime. These are two of my favorite old shows. It's TV comfort food.
    They are both on TV for free with ads

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Some of the ads on the Hulu package with commercials are just, well, cringe-worthy to a dinosaur like me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some of the ads on the Hulu package with commercials are just, well, cringe-worthy to a dinosaur like me.
    Yes, they are to my wife and I also. We also see a trend to push the alternative lifestyles above and beyond what is statistically real.

Like the eHarmony ads. They show a single guy, a single girl, a heterosexual couple and in none of those is there any personal contact. But for the gay couple, it has to be a black and white couple and they kiss.

Other ads also seem very slanted towards promoting the LGBTxxxx lifestyle while minimizing the heterosexual population.

I have been away from network TV for about 5 years now. Is it that way on the major networks?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, they are to my wife and I also. We also see a trend to push the alternative lifestyles above and beyond what is statistically real.

Like the eHarmony ads. They show a single guy, a single girl, a heterosexual couple and in none of those is there any personal contact. But for the gay couple, it has to be a black and white couple and they kiss.

Other ads also seem very slanted towards promoting the LGBTxxxx lifestyle while minimizing the heterosexual population.

I have been away from network TV for about 5 years now. Is it that way on the major networks?
    It's on a different platform, but I keep getting an ad for women's chooch deodorant.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I only watch prime, Netflix and roku without commercials.

TV commercials definitely trend toward alternate reality lawyers and drugs.

Top Bottom