What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    b08d23fa04020e3dda8f1be9361917da.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just finished season one of Justified. Great so far.

I had too many series going there for a while.
    Justified is excellent. I didn’t like the last season as well, but you have to watch it at least for the sake of conclusion.

Probably people will disagree with me because Sam Elliot plays the main antagonist, and his acting, like always is good. And several episodes are very good. It wasn’t his character I didn’t like. I just didn’t care for the story arch for the last season. YMMV.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Flashpoint. Canadian “SWAT” type show. Really good.

I tried to watch that for a while.
    I couldn't get past all the anti-gun crap they kept pushing. (well it is Canadia)

I think there was one episode where there was a 357 revolver and the main guy said something like "Nobody should ever own anything like that".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I tried to watch that for a while.
    I couldn't get past all the anti-gun crap they kept pushing. (well it is Canadia)

I think there was one episode where there was a 357 revolver and the main guy said something like "Nobody should ever own anything like that".

Just like "Law and Order", and "Law and Order SVU", and "Law and Order Criminal Intent", and...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Taking a break from "Chuck" binge watch, to watch The Scarlet and the black.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_and_the_Black

th

In 1943, the Nazi military occupies Rome. Pope Pius XII (John Gielgud) is approached by General Max Helm and SS Head of Police for Rome Lieutenant Colonel Herbert Kappler (Christopher Plummer). The Colonel expresses concern that escaped Allied prisoners may attempt to seek refuge in the Vatican, and requests permission to paint a white line across St. Peter's Square in order to mark the extent of Vatican sovereignty. The Pope doesn't grant his permission, but when the SS officers leave, he sees out of the window that the white line had already begun to be painted.
    Kappler's main antagonist is Monsignor O'Flaherty (Gregory Peck), an Irish-born Vatican priest who runs an underground organization which provides safe haven and escape to escaped POWs, Jews, and refugees in Rome. O'Flaherty is assisted in this enterprise by others, including locals, clergy and the diplomatic corps. The Nazis attempt to destroy the group, but Kappler is frustrated by O'Flaherty's successes, due to his cleverness, disguises, and his straining the limits of the Vatican's neutrality.
    Met with continuous failure, Kappler begins to develop a personal vendetta against O'Flaherty. Despite O'Flaherty's efforts, Kappler manages to recapture many escaped POWs, deport many Jews to death camps, and exploit and oppress the general population; a number of O'Flaherty's friends are also arrested or killed. O'Flaherty is himself the target of an assassination attempt instigated by Kappler, which however fails due to the monsignor's boxing skills. The rescue organization continues operating, and succeeds in saving many lives.

I've seen this movie before, and enjoyed it very much.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Watched "The King" on (I think) Netflix. Pretty decent adaptation of Shakespeare's Henry V. Not a documentary by any stretch. Pretty well put together for a Netflix original.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Netflix dropped the Irishman today. Its a mob movie staring De Niro, directed by Scorcese. Probably watch it today/tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom