What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Watched the first episode of Modern Love on Prime and really liked it. I like the idea of it being different stories and different characters every time.

I'm also two episodes into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Think I'm going to like that one also.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Watched the first episode of Modern Love on Prime and really liked it. I like the idea of it being different stories and different characters every time.

I'm also two episodes into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Think I'm going to like that one also.

I liked Mrs. Maisel it's got some language in it but I enjoyed it. I liked how they incorporated real characters of the era into the series. Jane Lynch was pretty good in it too.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Watched remake of Death Wish with Bruce Willis. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. The news people and other
    media personalities were the actual local news people (and Mancow) from Chicago which is good for immersion if you're familiar with the city. Biggest problem I had with it was *spoiler warning* he picks the daughter up from the hospital and on the way home they stop by a gun store(in or around Chicago, no less) the bad guys break into the house at night and eventually you find out an AR-15 was purchased, but wait, it's full auto. :n00b:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I watched Reprisal last night.

I'm not familiar with the main actor Frank Grillo, but I usually like Bruce Willis films. He didn't get beat to a pulp in this one. Odd.:)

The Outpost is $7 so I'll wait until the price comes down or I earn enough "credits" to rent it free.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Snapdragon, check out In The Dark on Netflix. It's about a blind woman who's friend gets murdered, but nobody believes her. She is hilarious.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Watched a couple of episodes of MadMen and just couldn't get into it. Like Mrs Maisel better. They are both from that time period of oh, mid sixties maybe? One thing about Mrs Maisel that is annoying me is that they use figures of speech that are more current and were not used back then. Like saying something is 'scary good' or 'oh, I didn't know that was a thing now'. Lots of others, but it's still worth watching. I just wish they would run the scripts past someone who actually lived in the 60's.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Watched remake of Death Wish with Bruce Willis. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. The news people and other
    media personalities were the actual local news people (and Mancow) from Chicago which is good for immersion if you're familiar with the city. Biggest problem I had with it was *spoiler warning* he picks the daughter up from the hospital and on the way home they stop by a gun store(in or around Chicago, no less) the bad guys break into the house at night and eventually you find out an AR-15 was purchased, but wait, it's full auto. :n00b:

Yes, the full auto part was BS.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Spoiler alert, he crossed the border into IN where all Chicagoins get there illegal guns.
    They actually went as far as having the hot gun store chick(also unrealistic) explain when he trys to buy a gun at one point in the movie that he needed to apply for a FOID card.
    Funny thing is it got a lot of criticism as for being "too pro gun" w/ professional reviews of 18% positive on Rotten Tomatoes but an audience score of 72%. It was directed by Eli Roth, I don't think he's pro gun but he's one of the few Hollywood people with the integrity to at least attempt some level of research into the subject to spark discussion rather than making stuff up to push an agenda.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Watched a couple of episodes of MadMen and just couldn't get into it. Like Mrs Maisel better. They are both from that time period of oh, mid sixties maybe? One thing about Mrs Maisel that is annoying me is that they use figures of speech that are more current and were not used back then. Like saying something is 'scary good' or 'oh, I didn't know that was a thing now'. Lots of others, but it's still worth watching. I just wish they would run the scripts past someone who actually lived in the 60's.

With as much care as they put into the wardrobe you'd think they'd vet the script better.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

The series actually starts around 1958 with season 3 being 1960.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The series actually starts around 1958 with season 3 being 1960.
    OK, I knew it was roughly around the time I was born. A few years earlier rather than a few years later. The point remains--they should have someone screening the scripts for dialog that is not of the period. As Jetta said, so much effort is put into the wardrobe and the visual aesthetic. Has anyone noticed that in Mrs. Maisel, every room has it's own tone where everything complements it? The red of the kitchen, and I can't remember the other colors specifically, but absolutely nothing clashes or looks out of place. The show is visually stunning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom