• OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    PORTIONS = also my nemesis!

I learned to watch WHAT I ate, staying away from the bread, the ice cream, soda & desserts in general.

Then I learned the WHEN about eating, not eating after supper & the like.

Learning the how much (portions)
    is the really hard part
    because
    I feel like I should be entitled
    2 plates of vegetables, ha ha!

And, all kinds of different natural foods like nuts, figs, dates and the like are the big weakness.
    No more huge apple fritters at Jack’s donuts,
    No more stopping on route 52 at ice cream place for a pint of ice cream when it’s hot in the summer
    and
    I’m riding by on the motorcycle, ha ha!
    I thought motorcycle calories didn't count. ? !

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Well I'm down 20lbs since May. Definitely not as fast of weight loss as I've done before. I've pushed myself too hard last time by loosing around 30lbs in about 3 months. This time I'm taking it a lot slower(probably too slow) but it's steady. I haven't changed what I eat, just lowering portion sizes and cutting out late night snacking( I got in the habit of consuming 500-1000 calories right before bed).

I'm exercising at least 5 days a week with a mixture of lifting weights and cardio. I've never lifted before so it's been a learning process. Started off with a free to me bowflex and now have switched to dumbells. I didn't really like the bowflex and will probably be putting at the end of the driveway for free.

I'm hoping this slow and steady will keep me from getting burned out so I can keep this up long term. Next step will be changing the diet. I don't consume much sugar but I do love me some carbs!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Down 14 lbs in the last six weeks. Only 50 more lbs to go. Eating healthy with smaller portions. Lots of meat and veggies. Walking and bike riding again. Don't miss the pop, candy or ice cream. Feel better and enjoy getting outside.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I can stand to lose about 20 pounds and I know how to do it; I know my weakness. I don;t eat because I'm hungry but rather just like the taste of food. I cannot eat proper portions but rather eat till I cannot eat more, and then complain I ate too much. I eat before bed and I love carbs.

I don't exercise like I used to and love to just sit around. Besides work, my only activity is me thinking about doing something. I used to walk 10 - 14 miles a day and THEN go to the gym. Since I retired all that has stopped. I'm excited if I make 4 miles a day.

This thread just may motivate me a bit. Last year when I had covid, I lost close to 20 pounds and felt great (after I got better). I slowly put it back on and now feel tired and sluggish.

Here's to us who want to lose.......I hope we can someday soon, call each other a bunch of losers!

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Reading this thread reminded me that I have not ridden my bike today. Guess it is time to go zoom around town for a couple of miles.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Got on the scale this morning and saw 240. Still dropping 3 pounds a week. Rode my Catrike 45 miles on Friday. As I drop the weight, it will probably transition to 1-2 pounds a week. Current goal is 190-195. Then slowly drop it to a final weight of 185. Still eating healthy with smaller portions and drinking lots of water.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Got on the scale this morning and saw 240. Still dropping 3 pounds a week. Rode my Catrike 45 miles on Friday. As I drop the weight, it will probably transition to 1-2 pounds a week. Current goal is 190-195. Then slowly drop it to a final weight of 185. Still eating healthy with smaller portions and drinking lots of water.
    I hit 183. I dream of 169. I will have to decide where to stop between 156 and 165. I am on cheat week motorcycle camping in Georgia. I'll try to not loose too much ground while in BBQ country.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'm back from a week in Georgia, sleeping in a tent, motorcycling and eating out. I weighed in this morning and am the same weight as I left at. Maintaining while gone was my dream. I have realy been living the dream. Now back to work on the decrease.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dropped a few more pounds. Down to 235. Feel better and have more energy. Curious how I will feel when I finally get below 200 lbs?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not sure how much I've lost, but I'm down 3 belt holes since June. I left my sales career and took a loader job in a warehouse.

F' sales. After 25 years I don't care if I never make another sales call. My last employer was the last straw.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Still hanging in the 183 poundage. I should break into the 170s soon. Someone put whipped cream in my fridge. Sabatuers I tell you! Well, between my dog and I, it's been eleminated. Back to what works.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Well I'm down 20lbs since May. Definitely not as fast of weight loss as I've done before. I've pushed myself too hard last time by loosing around 30lbs in about 3 months. This time I'm taking it a lot slower(probably too slow) but it's steady. I haven't changed what I eat, just lowering portion sizes and cutting out late night snacking( I got in the habit of consuming 500-1000 calories right before bed).

I'm exercising at least 5 days a week with a mixture of lifting weights and cardio. I've never lifted before so it's been a learning process. Started off with a free to me bowflex and now have switched to dumbells. I didn't really like the bowflex and will probably be putting at the end of the driveway for free.

I'm hoping this slow and steady will keep me from getting burned out so I can keep this up long term. Next step will be changing the diet. I don't consume much sugar but I do love me some carbs!
    I would suggest getting yourself a set of resistance bands. They are a part of my workout and are fantastic. I incorporate them with core exercises and some free weights. Below is a link to the ones I use from Bodylastics.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Still dropping 1-2 pounds a week. Down to 232. Have lost 28 pounds since the end of July. Only 42 more to go to get to my target weight.

Top Bottom