• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Is this not what we left England for???

A San Diego pastor and his wife have been told they cannot have a Bible study in their home. The couple says they were interrogated by a San Diego County official, then threatened with ever increasing fines if they refuse to stop the Bible study. (See news article here)
    According to the couple's attorney, they were questioned about the Bible study. "'Do you have a regular meeting in your home?" The pastor's wife replied, "Yes." "Do you say 'amen'?" the official asked. "Yes," she replied. "Do you pray?" Again she said, "Yes." "Do you say 'praise the Lord'?" Another "Yes." The official told the pastor and his wife they were in violation of county rules.
    The Bible study usually has an average of about 15 people.
    A few days later they got a written warning that listed the home Bible study an "unlawful use of land." They were notified to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit," which could cost them thousands of dollars.
    Could a small poetry club meet regularly in a home? Apparently, yes. What about a Cub Scout meeting? Evidently, yes. What if they meet regularly to watch Monday Night Football? Obviously, yes.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Coming to a theater near you. Probably had too many cars parked on the street and the neighbors complained or something.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]
    Amendment I
    [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]
    I guess this isn't Congress, so technically... I dunno. Can local governments make laws regarding the assembly and religious practice on private property. hmmm... i would suggest the families leave California.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    California? They should put it on the ballot at the next regular election, and then have the courts overturn the popular vote.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If this is true, then we have a serious problem developing in Our Country. Crap like this seems to start in the Western States and travels to the East just like many of the gangsters, illegal drugs and illegal foreigners.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    God is not surprised about this. He warned us it was coming a couple thousand years ago.

For some reason, I don't think this is going to stop the spread of the Gospel, even in San Diego.

HMM...I wonder if the ACLU will jump to the defense of this part of the first amendment, or only to the defense of the other parts.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    God Gave us His Only Begotten Son. Our Forefathers brought His Son to this Great Land and founded this Great Country.

God will not be defeated by the left coast commies nor any other group of animals. Our Constitution gave us all Freedom of Religion and to Worship as we see fit. That includes us Christians.

When every corner of the Earth has heard His Word, We the People will have Victory.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Can you really blame the county ???, I mean have you seen those crazy Christians with all their talking in tongues , whoopin an holern and fallin out all over the place !!!! :lmfao: JK .

I wonder where are the good Revs. Jackson and Sharpton ?

Seriously though , my KJV tells me these kind of things will keep happing and get worse , so get used to it .

Keep your eyes and ears open , your nose in the book and your butt in a pew .

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am guessing the part where they were told to stop assembling or apply for a major use permit which could cost thousands of dollars had a lot to do with this.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am guessing the part where they were told to stop assembling or apply for a major use permit which could cost thousands of dollars had a lot to do with this.

Could be. Alternatively, if their home is designated a church by the county, that means they don't pay property taxes anymore. Might be worth their while to look into it. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom