• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The NRA national headquarters was on 16th st in DC until 1993 or so, and it built a new building in Fairfax, Northern Va.
    They were talking about moving to Texas a few years ago, it never came to fruition.
    They have been having lots of problems with the building falling apart.
    When they ditched 1600 Rhode Island Avenue because lobbyists didn't want to commute from Fairfax, it was probably our "first warning."

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When they ditched 1600 Rhode Island Avenue because lobbyists didn't want to commute from Fairfax, it was probably our "first warning."
    My grandfather/ father would drag me to Bullseye matches as a kid. We parked on 16th st and went in to the range from there.
    It very well could have been the opener.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You first.
    You missed the point, I do not know, and those just cocksure they know it all do not either. How many times have we been through this kind of thing? Most recently Project Veritas and O’Keefe. Internal power struggles are always ugly.

The control of multi-hundreds of millions of dollars organizations will bring out the worst. If you know a divorcing couple and they both tell you you a scintillating at odds story which do you believe? I suspect the truth in the NRA deal is they all, board, staff, accountants, lawyers, are all saying whatever it takes to keep numero uno out of the fire.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This happens so much in our society that it has become normal thinking. Throughout this thread our opinions always go to “it’s the gun grabbing left” to blame.

And while they are certainly not supporting our gun issues, they can’t be blamed for corruption on our side.

For instance, Republicans continue to sell us out for money and /or their own agenda. WLP is not unlike many of silk suits who have made a fantastic life for themselves and themselves only on the premise they are for the American Gun Owner.

Get it? They played us. And we sang the tune. Whether it be the gutting of our ammo and gun companies ( think Remington and others) these right wing capitalists let it erode on their watch.

And when these gluttons, in the name of 2A, enjoy a lifestyle beyond our comprehension, we focus on the easiest target of politics.

So we can play chin music all we want but money is the root of corruption no matter what party is in charge.

Perception is reality.

Unfortunately, I feel it is too late for our country to wake up.

How Ironic that WLP spent miles of column telling us how Rotten Nancy Pelosi is. “I know you are, but what am I?”
    Well said.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You missed the point, I do not know, and those just cocksure they know it all do not either. How many times have we been through this kind of thing? Most recently Project Veritas and O’Keefe. Internal power struggles are always ugly.

The control of multi-hundreds of millions of dollars organizations will bring out the worst. If you know a divorcing couple and they both tell you you a scintillating at odds story which do you believe? I suspect the truth in the NRA deal is they all, board, staff, accountants, lawyers, are all saying whatever it takes to keep numero uno out of the fire.
    I don't disagree, but if somebody said the same thing about Government, equally true, you would be typing "@Normalcy Bias!!!!!!" so loud we'd have to wipe the spit droplets off the insides of our computer screens.

This isn't rubes duped by the Left into attacking their own best interest. This is patriotic people rejecting "normalcy bias" in an organization that's supposed to be above this sh.t. We're not Google, National Review, Harvard, Amazon, or Bud Light. We're the good guys. We're the people of traditional values, integrity, "not clown world," who want to stand-up a member-funded non-profit tasked with protecting a key constitutional liberty. And the people running that organization should be accountable to us.

Wayne LaPierre is a worm. Who just so happens to believe the same thing about the Second Amendment that we do.

It doesn't mean he's not a worm.

This whole thing has been "your-sister-sucking-c***s-at-a-biker-bar" embarrassing.

We can do better.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    With having lots of job interviews. And maybe move NRA's National Headquarters to a gun friendlier State, say West Virginia.
    For a national lobbying organization, and that is what the NRA is, having its HQ at teh national capital is hte logical choice.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    There was talk about moving it out of NY to Texas. I don't know how that ended up.
    Not 100% certain on this, but I think this was a proposal to re-incorporate the Non-profit organization in Texas, as opposed to NY. Not the same as moving the physical headquarters.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    For a national lobbying organization, and that is what the NRA is, having its HQ at teh national capital is hte logical choice.
    But that's not the main program that the NRA does. The bigger picture since its inception has always been shooting sports, education and shooting competition.
    And if that was really the logical choice why was it moved from downtown DC in 1993?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom