• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Speaking of BREXIT, the UK is also now realizing that once they leave the EU they also will be leaving Europol and other countries will no longer share inteligence regarding terrorism with them.

Fat lot of good intelligence sharing has done them so far. The "radicals" are right under their noses and they refuse to take action.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Speaking of BREXIT, the UK is also now realizing that once they leave the EU they also will be leaving Europol and other countries will no longer share inteligence regarding terrorism with them.

That is one of the most petty, short-sighted things I've heard of, lately - and I've heard of quite a bit

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Fat lot of good intelligence sharing has done them so far. The "radicals" are right under their noses and they refuse to take action.

It's also about law enforcement training inside the EU.
    They are getting more armed police but don't have much training facilities inside their country, or even enough firearms instructors since most of their police has been unarmed for decades.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So is removing all of Islam from the British Isles a reasonable option? I would guess that past Monarchs would consider it. Look at Japan. They are very restrictive of Muslims and have not had to deal with this.

The very fact that one is a Muslim means (as I understand it) that all non-believers are the enemy and are to be subjugated and liquidated. No easy answers for us, but I agree with Trump that we should stop letting them in, and not just for 90 days. How about forever? The ones that are here either behave or face the consequences. Example, if one immigrant or son of immigrants does this, the whole tribe is exiled.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Amazing amount of courage shown here. Says he rugby tackled a guy... now I have reason to like a sport.

Do they have actual clubs or the telescoping batons that are in favor over here? I have heard that the latter are not always very effective.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    *Changes Facebook profile picture to English flag*

Just about everyone on Facebook;
    ralph-wiggum-im-helping_zpsty4odot1.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    [h=1]Armed police fired 'unprecedented number of rounds' to stop London Bridge terrorists[/h]50 is unprecedented? The Bobbies are going to have to give up tradition and realize their current reality. This is a war, only one side gets that at this point.

Police fired 'unprecedented number of rounds' at London terrorists | UK | News | Express.co.uk

It seems that firing weapons at suspects is extremely rare.

From an NBC News report today...

The Metropolitan Police carried out some 3,300 deployments involving firearms in 2016. They didn't fire a single shot at a suspect.

London Bridge Attack: Why Most U.K. Police Don't Carry Guns - NBC News

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Amazing amount of courage shown here. Says he rugby tackled a guy... now I have reason to like a sport.

Do they have actual clubs or the telescoping batons that are in favor over here? I have heard that the latter are not always very effective.

From what I have seen they carry telescopic ones.
    They are usually not effective because they are trained to hit "non vital areas" such as large muscle groups.
    A hit to the head or the collar bone can be very effective and it could easily be used as a deadly weapon.

It all depends who's using the baton too, a small female officer will not produce as much force as a larger/heavier male officer.

During the fight with the Turkish president's bodyguard you can see a DC police officer deploying his baton and hitting a guy 3 or 4 times in the back.
    The guy was a security officer, probably quite muscular is seen just turning around and walking away.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So the Brits outlaw guns. Then they put heavy restrictions on guns. But if only we put restrictions on speech on the internet now, then we can eliminate bad things from happening...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Different culture. The last major ground campaign in England involving firearms was (I think) Oliver Cromwell's Roundheads in the 1640's.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Thank you, Founding Fathers, that we don't have to throw beer mugs at terrorists.
    18835812_10210055181950858_8293996660189373354_n.jpg
    Do you know what's an effective method of self defense? An actual weapon, not something you have to improvise.

That is such a difference in the mind set that I have realized since I moved here - the difference on taking responsibility for your own well being, and thinking that the state is responsible for your well being. This was a Saturday night with a lot of drinking expected, and the amount of unarmed police shows that there was a police presence during the attack. How much different would the butcher's bill have been if the police did not have to wait for effective back up?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom