• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While agreeing with your post, thousands of “hits” occur, it for sure is not the “hit” in my book. Now I suspect it will be blamed by some on inept medical evaluations and some a freak heart condition or some such like. It will never officially be related to his vaccination status.
    Thousands of kids are hit in the chest with baseballs, and relatively few get their hearts stopped by it. And that’s the case way before the mrna vaccine was ever administered. After seeing the play from the side angle, I’m not bewildered by how it could have happened. If he hadn’t been involved in the tackle, and just collapsed while jogging back to the huddle, that would be bewildering. And I think questions about whether it could have been caused by the vaccine are warranted.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Don’t trust your instincts when you have a predilection for one cause over another. Not every collapse is caused by vaccines. If he’d have collapsed with no connection to a hit in the chest, well you might reasonably raise an eyebrow to that.
    Where did you get that I said it was the vaccine? Your comprehension sucks.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

If you're wondering if the vax caused this guy's collapse.... you're evil. I guess ad hominem attacks on skeptics is one way to handle it. Nothing makes your point like calling names. Why am I not surprised? Finding yourself on the same side of an argument with this guy seems like a good enough reason to change positions.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thousands of kids are hit in the chest with baseballs, and relatively few get their hearts stopped by it. And that’s the case way before the mrna vaccine was ever administered.
    That is not the case today. Why! This thread has become the defecto died suddenly thread and this is far from normal.

TheTrooper

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Realityville, IN
    No matter the actual cause, which obviously none of us know at this point, don't you find it a bit revealing that corporate media immediately started parroting that "it was definitely not the vaxx"? Especially when athletes are dropping on fields globally at unprecedented rates.

That does not sound like science, it sounds much more like psyence......again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is not the case today. Why! This thread has become the defecto died suddenly thread and this is far from normal.
    The “died suddenly” cases thing is abnormal. I think it’s reasonable to suspect something having to do with covid is the cause. That includes the mRNA vaccines.

That doesn’t mean that every “died suddenly” instance fits into that category. I think if there’s a reasonable cause associated, with no other evidence, that is a better assumption to make, if you have to make an assumption. And we have reasonable cause associated.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No matter the actual cause, which obviously none of us know at this point, don't you find it a bit revealing that corporate media immediately started parroting that "it was definitely not the vaxx"? Especially when athletes are dropping on fields globally at unprecedented rates.

That does not sound like science, it sounds much more like psyence......again.

I think it’s not exactly immediately. Immediately people started claiming on Twitter that it is the vaccine. Like I’ve said, if we have to make assumptions, the only thing we have available as evidence, is that what came immediately before is what looks like blunt trauma to the chest.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think it’s not exactly immediately. Immediately people started claiming on Twitter that it is the vaccine. Like I’ve said, if we have to make assumptions, the only thing we have available as evidence, is that what came immediately before is what looks like blunt trauma to the chest.
    So you picked a binary side here I see. I have picked no side

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Myocarditis may increase the risk of life-
    threatening ventricular arrhythmias caused
    by blunt impact to the chest, particularly in
    contact sports. Screening and prevention
    measures should be considered to reduce this risk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is certainly possible that Damar (not Demar, Damar) Hamlin suffered commotio cordis - which is unrelated to myocarditis or any potential vaccine injury.

But commotio cordis is exceptionally rare. A 2012 paper reported that it occurred fewer than 20 times a year in the United States.

Even that figure overstates the likelihood that Hamlin suffered the injury, because it is generally occurs in preteen and teen boys, not adult men, and not in football but in sports that use a puck or a ball like hockey or baseball. In 2013, researchers reported that 243 high school and college football players had died between 1990 and 2010. Seven of those deaths resulted from commotio cordis, for an average rate of 1 death per 3 million players.

Top Bottom