Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Apparently you didn't read

""Ivermectin," she says, "has shown effectiveness against other viruses, despite being an anti-parasitic drug." The drug is worthy of further study, Seley-Radtke says, but she calls the findings "very preliminary.""
    So you think all viruses are the same?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    First of all, I'm not a liberal, although the more simple-minded amongst us think that everything they don't like is "LiBeRaL," probably including pineapple on pizza and their wife who always has a headache. Both are unfortunate, but neither political.

But if posting memes is all you've got, you could at least come up with a good one.

IMG_7018.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ask President Trump

Why would I ask Trump? We know it was rushed. That's kinda the point. How rushed was the study on Ivermectin for human use? And before you say "as an anti-parasitic", that doesn't rule out off-label use. That happens all the time. Point is that it was ruled safe for human use.

Why are the vax proponents so quick to accept the rushed version, but so quick to poo-poo the study that likely took several years to get approval?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Apparently you didn't read

""Ivermectin," she says, "has shown effectiveness against other viruses, despite being an anti-parasitic drug." The drug is worthy of further study, Seley-Radtke says, but she calls the findings "very preliminary.""
    Careful, these are blasphemous things to say around the covid devout.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Says the person who was disparaging the drug as "just an anti-parasitic".
    Actually...

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for the treatment of any viral infection.

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures.13 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Actually...

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for the treatment of any viral infection.

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures.13 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.

So far all these official sites are pretty much in lockstep, which could mean it's true or could mean that they just don't want anyone taking anything other than the jab. Considering we've seen things put out by these official sites already that isn't true, or is misleading, I'll hold off believing it just because they say so.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why would I ask Trump? We know it was rushed. That's kinda the point. How rushed was the study on Ivermectin for human use? And before you say "as an anti-parasitic", that doesn't rule out off-label use. That happens all the time. Point is that it was ruled safe for human use.

Why are the vax proponents so quick to accept the rushed version, but so quick to poo-poo the study that likely took several years to get approval?
    Off-label use happens all the time. Never said that Ivermectin is not safe for human use, it has obviously been used for decades. Against parasites. Where is the years-long study that shows effectiveness in humans against any virus? I'm guessing that many here do not understand the difference between in vitro and in vivo when they read these studies.

I'd love to read a study that shows a clear benefit against Covid from Ivermectin, or any currently used drug for that matter. All I see is faulty conclusions from people who don't even believe that the virus is that big a deal to begin with. Not much of a foundation to build on.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Goalposts not only keep moving here but I’m pretty sure they don’t exist.
    I'll say it again. Ivermectin is just an anti-parasitic. It is not FDA approved for use as an antiviral, and has never shown antiviral effect in humans.

What goalpost are you talking about?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    All I see is faulty conclusions from people who don't even believe that the virus is that big a deal to begin with. Not much of a foundation to build on.
    Considering I had and recovered from it I’d say it’s not that big a deal for the vast majority of the population. Like anything there are higher risk people that should take the necessary precautions.

been there. Done that. Got the tshirt. Have you gotten it? Have you recovered from it? Or are you just repeating the same tired ******** over and over again?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Considering I had and recovered from it I’d say it’s not that big a deal for the vast majority of the population. Like anything there are higher risk people that should take the necessary precautions.

been there. Done that. Got the tshirt. Have you gotten it? Have you recovered from it? Or are you just repeating the same tired ******** over and over again?
    No, I haven't had it. My brother got it and spent 5 days in the hospital. Might not have made it if I didn't threaten to come over to his house and drag his stubborn ass to the hospital when his oxygen levels got down into the low 80s. I personally know 2 people who have died from it. (Both unvaccinated, by the way)

Seems to me, the same old tired **** is the conspiracy theory garbage about Fauci taking over the world somehow.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No, I haven't had it. My brother got it and spent 5 days in the hospital. Might not have made it if I didn't threaten to come over to his house and drag his stubborn ass to the hospital when his oxygen levels got down into the low 80s. I personally know 2 people who have died from it. (Both unvaccinated, by the way)

Seems to me, the same old tired **** is the conspiracy theory garbage about Fauci taking over the world somehow.

Yeah, somehow.... :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom