• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And I learned a lesson from it. I apologize.
    No need. Usual stuff. Someone makes a comment out of step with the crowd...and the crowd has to preserve itself.

What qualifies as ridicule is laughable.

But when disagreeing is ridiculing...well we can all act like we are being persecuted.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No need. Usual stuff. Someone makes a comment out of step with the crowd...and the crowd has to preserve itself.

What qualifies as ridicule is laughable.

But when disagreeing is ridiculing...well we can all act like we are being persecuted.
    I take great comfort in knowing that I'm always right. It makes it much easier to suffer the slings and arrows... :p

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I take great comfort in knowing that I'm always right. It makes it much easier to suffer the slings and arrows... :p
    Somehow I know I should feel insulted....I am unable to figure out how...so I will go with the default...stop hurting my feelings!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

In response to today’s U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) full approval of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine for people aged 16 and up, Children’s Health Defense (CHD) asserts that the agency of acting in the best interests of the pharmaceutical industry rather than those of the American people.

“Children’s Health Defense considers this approval process for the COVID Pfizer vaccine premature, arbitrary and capricious,” said CHD president Mary Holland. “With over 13,000 reported deaths from COVID shots, we are deeply concerned about the impact on health, both short- and long-term. We intend to challenge this approval and licensure. We do not believe that this approval will significantly affect the trajectory of the pandemic, as we know that these shots are less than 50% effective against the variant in circulation now.”

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Do you trust Trump on the vaccines? 'cause.....
    I trust trump to lead the country. I don’t trust trumps medical opinions. I voted for the guy, he’s not my messiah.

Also, as I said earlier, if I were over 60, obese, or had health issues, I would consider vaccination. Trump is over 60 and obese, so for him it’s likely a wise decision. He makes his own medical decisions based on his risks and concerns, as do I.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    In one of my LGS today, I overheard (miracle in itself) that it’s on the table to charge unvaxers
    More for their health insurance, along with employer demands etc., and possibly bringing attempted murder charges to the unvaxers that won’t stay home.

Again, no matter what we believe half the population has or is making the wrong choice. Only time will tell.

such a shame to pay our politicians this much when we can’t trust public safety announcements. 8410CF72-745E-4E35-A49E-DF62A000FEA2.jpeg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So just why are the comorbidities such a big deal related to covid?

I have posted this before to much consternation from some but offers a perspective to a part of what we are dealing with.

I think back when I was a kid and how long folks lived, how they lived etc. Modern medicine has found ways to keep so many folks alive and functioning, to varying degrees that would not have survived 50 years ago, to their credit. A virus like covid can wipe out those gains very quickly and that seems to be apparent. I believe that accounts for a good bit of the mortality of the elderly.

I feel for those and their families, the virus has taken, but it just seems common sense to me that is why comorbidities are such a factor in all of this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom