• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...and the other 1/4 are probably lying about it.

Guns are a part of our culture. Period. Its why gun control measures gain so little traction at the federal level, you can't legislate against the ongoing cultural norm.

That's why I firmly believe that exposing new people to the gun hobby, shooting sports, and self-defense classes does way more for gunowner's rights than about any other action you can take.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I didn't see it as being an unbiased or objective article in any respect. Nearly every Brady Bunch talking point was simply regurgitated, and any data which would've contradicted or refuted them was ignored.

BOHICA, y'all. We're in for a real tough fight for the next four years.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    From the article:
    When Dungy, now an NBC analyst, was coaching the Colts, he'd always ask at the first team meeting of the year, "How many of you guys have guns?" Then he would tell the players that they needed to register their weapons in Indiana.

I wonder how many tried to register their guns in Indiana?:n00b:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    esrice and I read that this morning at work. I like knowing that by having a gun in my house I'm 3x more likely to commit homicide and 5x more likely to kill myself. Seriously, where do they get their info?!

Also, the baseball GM that lashed out on guns because his pitcher cut himself on a hunting trip. :n00b:

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    esrice and I read that this morning at work. I like knowing that by having a gun in my house I'm 3x more likely to commit homicide and 5x more likely to kill myself. Seriously, where do they get their info?!

Also, the baseball GM that lashed out on guns because his pitcher cut himself on a hunting trip. :n00b:

Great! Just did a quick count....23 guns. That would make me 69x more likely to commit a homicide and 115x more likely to kill myself.
    I'm sure my gun count is peanuts compared to many on this site.
    WE ARE ALL SCREWED!

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    This piece struck me oddly:
    ...Junior Seau, who had acquired a handgun for protection but, according to his friends, hardly knew how to load it.

Acquired a handgun for protection, but hardly know how to load it. So, was the handgun just supposed to be a talisman that wards off evil?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I didn't see it as being an unbiased or objective article in any respect. Nearly every Brady Bunch talking point was simply regurgitated, and any data which would've contradicted or refuted them was ignored.

BOHICA, y'all. We're in for a real tough fight for the next four years.

There was definitely a lot of anti sentiment in the article but what surprised me is that they were so willing to name so many players that were pro-gun and that they quoted the players with their 70-80% ownership numbers. I would have expected them to downplay the acceptance rate amone the players.

Top Bottom