• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    So far the only thing I found in them is confirmation that kidnapping was the felony that precipitated the murders (there was much confusion and chatter about the fact that the charges were felony murder when they were announced last year). This was what I expected anyway.

Fox59 is reporting that the documents include details of him confessing to his wife but I haven't been able to find that.

EDIT: found it, it's in a file called "Motion Filed 6-27-2023 13.34.25 243107940 5139FC98-E28E-420B-9A53-8DFFD1333025.pdf"

0n April 3 , 2023, Richard M Allen made a phone call to his wife Kathy Allen. In that phone call, Richard M Allen admin several times that he killed Abby and Libby.

Investigators had the phone call transcribed and the transcription confirms that Richard M Allen admits that he committed the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. He admits several times within the phone call that he committed the offenses as charged. His wife, Kathy Allen, ends the phone call abruptly

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

The following statement is based under the assumption this person is proven guilty of the murders beyond a reasonable doubt:

No need to waste taxpayer resources on a lengthy sentence. I would be happy to take the thug out myself.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Apparently it says elsewhere that he also confessed to his mother on the phone and that he has confessed to people on the phone no less than 5 times. I've seen screenshots of these claims in one of the docs. Surely he will change his plea if this isn't suppressed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Apparently it says elsewhere that he also confessed to his mother on the phone and that he has confessed to people on the phone no less than 5 times. I've seen screenshots of these claims in one of the docs. Surely he will change his plea if this isn't suppressed.
    Wife and mother 5 times.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    "Yeah! I ****ing killed them! I did it! Is that what you want to hear!?! I did it ****!" **
    Click. Wife hangs up abrubptly.

Is that a confession or a marital spat due to the situation? I don't know. But hearing the actual call vs. reading a transcript might make a difference in my interpretation. This guy looks dirtier and dirtier but there are still a lot of questions. For me, his defense lawyers agreeing to his own words being "incriminating" suggests just that, he's guilty. My parlay of plea deal and insanity defense grows stronger.

** completely made up quoate for demonstration.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I’ve listened to people discuss the fact the calls are recorded and then start talking about committing the crime. I think a lot of people think it’s a bluff, or that nobody will take the time to listen to the calls.
    I have a civil case filed by a prisoner where he is claiming an illegal search of his cell, his "legal mail" in particular, where his co-defendant (female) was in the same jail and they were conversing through notes delivered to each other against the rules and planning to cook her testimony in his favor using a code a 4 year old could break...then, he marked these noted legal mail and kept them.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was on the jury of a case involving a child molester. Reasonable doubt ended when they went through his recorded telephone conversations to his wife from the jail.... you know, where they have a big sign that reads "all calls are recorded" along with an audible reminder of the same within the call.

He was instructing his wife where to find evidence, how to destroy it, and what threats to deliver to witnesses.

Thugs can be plain stupid.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have a civil case filed by a prisoner where he is claiming an illegal search of his cell, his "legal mail" in particular, where his co-defendant (female) was in the same jail and they were conversing through notes delivered to each other against the rules and planning to cook her testimony in his favor using a code a 4 year old could break...then, he marked these noted legal mail and kept them.
    He probably heard it from the same guy who thinks arrests are automatically invalidated if Miranda isn’t read.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It could also be the difference between saying the gun safety rules, and practicing gun safety rules.

Or in the military, talking about how to treat secret documents, then running a fire drill and send a team in to find out how many DIDN'T lock their material up, even though it was an hour since the lecture.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I was on the jury of a case involving a child molester. Reasonable doubt ended when they went through his recorded telephone conversations to his wife from the jail.... you know, where they have a big sign that reads "all calls are recorded" along with an audible reminder of the same within the call.

He was instructing his wife where to find evidence, how to destroy it, and what threats to deliver to witnesses.

Thugs can be plain stupid.
    Which is probably a good thing.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    A lot of people in prison have poor impulse control.

But as others have pointed out, it happens elsewhere too. It's a well known fact if you work in IT that if you send out a company wide email saying

"Please be aware of phishing scams - if you get an email asking for your password, don't respond. We'll never ask you for that!"

then about 50% of the company will respond to THAT email with their password.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of people in prison have poor impulse control.

But as others have pointed out, it happens elsewhere too. It's a well known fact if you work in IT that if you send out a company wide email saying

then about 50% of the company will respond to THAT email with their password.
    And probably "reply all". :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Yeah! I ****ing killed them! I did it! Is that what you want to hear!?! I did it ****!" **
    Click. Wife hangs up abrubptly.

Is that a confession or a marital spat due to the situation? I don't know. But hearing the actual call vs. reading a transcript might make a difference in my interpretation. This guy looks dirtier and dirtier but there are still a lot of questions. For me, his defense lawyers agreeing to his own words being "incriminating" suggests just that, he's guilty. My parlay of plea deal and insanity defense grows stronger.

** completely made up quoate for demonstration.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom