• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just looked up one of the people mentioned on FB, and they are creepy and look kinda like the Bridge Guy. Bizarre. I never even heard of this.
    And he stole Allen's gun, dropped a round of the same brand, killed the girls, then put the gun back?

The only way this works in my mind with him not being the killer is he was there with the Odins, watched them kill her, then took his gun and went home.

Otherwise we are toying with the one armed man defense.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    And he stole Allen's gun, dropped a round of the same brand, killed the girls, then put the gun back?

The only way this works in my mind with him not being the killer is he was there with the Odins, watched them kill her, then took his gun and went home.

Otherwise we are toying with the one armed man defense.
    I don't think any of that first sentence. Just stating what i think after checking his FB.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Invoke Odinism, smear the investigators.

Prediction: coming soon will be a variation on OJ's legal team smearing Mark Fuhrman.

From the filing:

“There is a reason that in his sworn affidavit Liggett concealed key information from Judge Diener and lied about other key information: Had Diener known the hidden and falsified facts then Diener would never have signed the search warrant – a search warrant that was already insufficient in linking Richard Allen to the murders even before Liggett’s lies and deceptions.”

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    a search warrant that was already insufficient in linking Richard Allen to the murders even before Liggett’s lies and deceptions.”

I thought the whole point of adding likes would be to make it sufficient? I know it's the substance that matters but I can't help noticing how badly this entire document is written. It's like they hired someone from one of the true crime subreddits to write it. I thought lawyers were supposed to be persuasive.

They even begin by announcing that the intended audience is not the court, but rather those "not yet completely familiar with the case" (also known as the jury pool):
    Because the facts in this memorandum are dense for anyone not yet completely familiar with this case, the Defense is providing this introductory section

Last edited:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    They even being by announcing that the intended audience is not the court, but rather those "not yet completely familiar with the case" (also known as the jury pool):

I am not a lawyer, but I also thought the lawyers were only talking to the court/jury. We the bystanders were only to be silent observers. It shouldn't matter if we know.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am not a lawyer, but I also thought the lawyers were only talking to the court/jury. We the bystanders were only to be silent observers. It shouldn't matter if we know.
    I am puzzled by some the comments here. It seems many here have already made a determination in this but somehow this filing is prejudicial to the case?

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana

+1. This is a good podcast that talks about it - the 2 hosts are actual prosecutors:

Their take on it is that this is something the defence has to do if they want to use this theory because if the opening statement is the first time the jurors have heard of Odinists, they'll be laughed out of the courtroom. It has to be common knowledge for this angle to have any chance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I haven’t read a lot of court documents, but I did think the language/phrasing in this one was … odd.
    Agreed.

Having nothing else to go on other than the recent filings, this looks a lot to me like what we used to call the "dancing monkey" defense. Throw a crazy story out there and hope it is so distracting and confusing that people lose sight of the actual evidence. I have no idea about the truth of these "odinistic" claims, but.....geez.

This would tie in with the motion by the defense to have all further court proceedings televised. Fantastical claim + national TV coverage = distractions and frenzy. Everyone starts looking for the white supremist behind every tree and no one remembers that a cartridge from a gun found in Allen's house was found between the girls (they are also moving to suppress the search).

We have no idea what additional evidence they have or even the cause of death and condition of the bodies as found...but it must be compelling because this is crazy town.

3chj.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As an aside, by firm has been engaged by the AG to defend civil lawsuits against IDOC employees including correctional officers. We have been at this for about a year and I am or have handled dozens of cases and probably hundreds in the firm. Westville is one of the places we handle.

Want to guess how many claims of pagan, white supremist odinism we have seen?

Want to guess what would happen if correctional officers were wearing blatant white supremist symbols?

Trust me when I tell you that the "incarcerated persons" are not at all afraid to make any and every allegation.

I'm just going to watch this unfold. Maybe I will be shocked and stunned by developments.....

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana

Trust me when I tell you that the "incarcerated persons" are not at all afraid to make any and every allegation.

That's what I thought it was too, but it reads like they are saying that they (the defence attorneys) witnessed the badges or whatever they are themselves. If it turns out they are lying about that...well there just isn't enough popcorn in Indiana for that. We'll have to order it in.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought the whole point of adding likes would be to make it sufficient? I know it's the substance that matters but I can't help noticing how badly this entire document is written. It's like they hired someone from one of the true crime subreddits to write it. I thought lawyers were supposed to be persuasive.

They even begin by announcing that the intended audience is not the court, but rather those "not yet completely familiar with the case" (also known as the jury pool):
    odin-hilarious.gif

Top Bottom