• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I will never understand people who place outsized importance in having a president who acts in ways they FEEL are presidential
    This one gets me as well. Presidential according to who? What the hell is a presidential standard? I despise the idea that an elected president isn't presidential. Listen to recordings of past presidents. Then get back to me about presidential. "....we'll have them voting democrat for a hundred years."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's like they're saying damn I may like the results of some of his policies, but I have a hard time stomaching him on a personal level. Can there not be an alternative to vote for where I don't get that queasy feeling?

Why do I have to vote for someone that I otherwise would'nt care to associate with in any other setting?
    Because all of the ones who fit those parameters keep turning out to be Romneys and McCains, Cheneys and Amashes - more interested in playing not to lose (their re-election) than in playing for any sort of win for patriotic Americans

Scott Walker was the Ron DeSantis of his day. What's he up to, now?

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, should we conclude that you believe Newsweek would commission an unbiased poll on this subject as well as report on it honestly? Or did the SAC require increased proselytizing from the faithful

Edit: Did they mention the same poll sample found that on the question of "If the 2024 election were held today, who would you vote for? (Question 7) Trump beat Biden 42% to 39% and 47% to 28% among independents
    I didn't make a comment on the poll, I just posted it. Draw whatever conclusion runs a tingle up your leg. Seems to be a thing, whenever I post something. You're giving Pavlov's dogs a run for their money.

And I posted it after reading it, so yes, unlike you, I didn't complain about something then go back an actually read the article. I'm well aware of the positive conclusions of the poll regarding Trump. Impressive how you can whine about how the poll cannot possibly be unbiased, then trumpet the pro-Trump findings of the poll in the same post as some kinda "gotcha."

You're posting in circles and have yourself surrounded.

:):

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, you don't believe that Trump has major flaws when it comes to personal integrity issues. Those are all made up by MSM propaganda?
    You should know better than this. They ALL have major flaws when it comes to personal integrity - it is just that corporate media (throws jamil a bone) fly top cover for some and relentlessly dig for dirt on others

I don't believe Trump was selling us out to China for 10%

But
    bumpstocks :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't make a comment on the poll, I just posted it. Draw whatever conclusion runs a tingle up your leg. Seems to be a thing, whenever I post something. You're giving Pavlov's dogs a run for their money.
    I'm far more active in this thread and ones like it than you are, so who is following in who's wake, there, agent

As far as predictable responses to your posting, perhaps try posting something a little less gov't approved

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

And I posted it after reading it, so yes, unlike you, I didn't complain about something then go back an actually read the article. I'm well aware of the positive conclusions of the poll regarding Trump. Impressive how you can whine about how the poll cannot possibly be unbiased, then trumpet the pro-Trump findings of the poll in the same post as some kinda "gotcha."

You're posting in circles and have yourself surrounded.

:):
    Posted a link with an anti-Trump headline even though you claim you read ALL of its conclusions first

Posted it without comment, arguably because you liked the provocative nature of the headline (provocative is the root idea behind agent provocateur)

Either **** posting or propagandizing. Neither is a good look

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh and one more thing. Maybe Trump should be checking his own rhetoric that might well be leading to the disillusionment of others that might otherwise be with us. I think that is the biggest beef a lot of us have.

We want Trump to drop the rhetoric and focus on policy that has proven to be in the best interest of this country over Biden's policy and just maybe he will gain the votes of the disillusioned that we need. He plays a big part in it as well. It's ultimately up to him.
    Trump should be less like Trump in the hope that people that hate what we stand for will find us more palatable. Got it

What could possibly go wrong

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh I'm not allowed to speak my mind now because you are afraid that others might be lurking and see it. Why don't you tell me where in my comment that I was wrong? That is unless you don't have the guts to admit that maybe I might be right for fear that others might see you.

Simple question. Am I right or am I wrong? or should I just expect a non committal response of "no comment"
    Three question quiz:

Nixon, good or bad for the country at the time?

Nixon, well adjusted adult or someone with insecurities and flaws?

Nixon, would we be better or worse off now if he had not been driven from office?

I say it often, but few listen

Perfection is the enemy of good enough

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You should know better than this. They ALL have major flaws when it comes to personal integrity - it is just that corporate media (throws jamil a bone) fly top cover for some and relentlessly dig for dirt on others

I don't believe Trump was selling us out to China for 10%

But
    bumpstocks :rolleyes:
    Oh, I do indeed get the dynamics and I even made the comment in another post that the MSM focuses on Trump. They magnify his flaws while ignoring his policy successes. On the flip side they suppress reporting on Biden's major flaws and ignore his policy failures to prop him up politically.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Because all of the ones who fit those parameters keep turning out to Romneys and McCains, Cheneys and Amashes - more interested in playing not to lose (their re-election) than in playing for any sort of win for patriotic Americans

Scott Walker was the Ron DeSantis of his day. What's he up to, now?
    Scott Walker rode into the sunset with the tea party.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ok. So convince others that might be disillusioned by his rhetoric to vote for him by upping his rhetoric. Got it. Maybe you think if he ups the rhetoric, they will magically vote for him. My idea is to focus on convincing the disillusioned to vote for him because his policies have been proven to be in the best interest of the country over Biden's policy.
    You keep referring to people who voted against Trump because they didn't like his style as if they occurred in numbers sufficient to have elected Biden without the massive cheating

Do you have actual hard numbers or is that just you 'feelings'

I'm seeing that Trump won independents in 2016 43% to 42% for The Hag

I'm seeing that Trump lost independents to Biden by 52% to 43%

Trump had 43% in BOTH elections and there was supposedly a far larger turn-out in 2020

Without arguing how many of those votes might be fraudulent, I think we can agree there would be no ersatz independent votes for Trump. The inescapable conclusion is that given a larger turnout he arguably GAINED independent votes or certainly lost none

The 'turned off by Trump' vote seems to be about as numerous as those 80 year old black grandmothers who can't seem to get positive ID and thus are discriminated against by voter ID laws. They number in the hundreds, and just like we shouldn't bend voting standards to accommodate those few we shouldn't allow a fictional cohort of 'progressives for not-Trump' to color our choice for a candidate

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump would absolutely enter his term with full abandon with regard to political norms. But I can't figure how he gets much accomplished. Many good peeps won't work for a lame duck. All the professional pols will ignore his commands and demands and continue to attack him for reasons wholly made up.
    The “good peeps” were a part of the problem in his past term, he will not make that mistake again, he will start by firing everyone he can legally just as Obummer did. If he has the people he will have power over all the professional pols.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump should be less like Trump in the hope that people that hate what we stand for will find us more palatable. Got it

What could possibly go wrong
    I'm not talking about getting votes from people that hate what we stand for. They never will vote with us. We were talking about the ones that are disillusioned and the only reason they have for not voting for Trump is that they can't get past his personality issues. I'm saying those people need to get past all of that and vote based upon his proven policy successes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And who would that be? Goldwater is taking a dirt nap
    Why ask me? Let me remind you of my answer earlier
    The question is much more who would be willing.

I just find it funny that people throw around RINO all the time and talk about wanting conservatives in power, while talking about Trump. He was never a conservative, especially fiscally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom