• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In conversations with relatives recently I heard the opinion that if Trump loses the right will start a revolution. I pointed out that for all the 1/6 talk I didn't see revolutions or much violence by either side regardless of who wins. I do think that if Trump wins he will face an avalanche of lawfare, impeachments, and bureaucratic resistance on an unprecedented scale. It will make it hard for him to accomplish much during his 4 year term, assuming he isn't assassinated, but he will certainly try with everything he has.

Like when he lost last time?

Oh wait...

Tell those people they obviously can't think.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Man oh man.

The dems have if figured out. They put up a **** candidate and everyone supports them. They all fall in line, lockstep.

Republicans put up a Trump, DeSantis, whomever and folks just argue and bicker...

If only Republicans could figure that part out...
    Now you know why I think the libertarian tendency toward perfectionism is downstream from the conservative one

I just don't understand the compulsion of some to want to rake Trump over the coals at this point, I guess it takes the place of lube or something when they're wanking

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am wondering it this is dir2cted at INGO? IF it is Why dos this matter if they still vote for Trump?
    Do you think the Eeyore wing is effective at convincing those on the fence to vote for Trump?

Why does endlessly rehashing ones perceived complaints about Trump matter? It just seems a way to soothe hurt feels because Ron got put on the trailer and some peoples panties never untorqued thereafter

Last edited:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I think this is an interesting time in politics. I hope the shakeup survives the man, but I have my doubts. The impetus of the standard quo is very strong. The old guard will try hard to steer the party back to where it was. It is going to take some strong leaders to keep it from going that way.
    The tip of the America First spear is Vance, DeSantis and Ramaswamy. A Trump victory, naturally, places Vance in the Driver's Seat for 2028. If not, they each have a shot for the nomination in 2028. They have the people.

The Old Guard is losing influence. Many of their allies have left the party or have endorsed the Democratic Ticket. Not a good look moving forward...

The Cotton and Hawley types understand the grassroots. I don't see any other Senators making a play.

Youngkin would be high on the establishments list, but I believe he understands the power of the America First base.

Maybe Suarez, he seems ambitious. I don't know much about him.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do you think the Eeyore wing is effective at convincing those on the fence to vote for Trump?

Why does endlessly rehashing ones perceived complaints about Trump matter? It just seems a way to soothe hurt feels because Ron got put on the trailer and some peoples panties never untorqued thereafter
    Depends on how they go about it. I don't know that i endlessly rehash it. If I do, I only do it here. I consider INGO kinda like the locker room. You can talk about things you don't talk about outside the team. I mean let's face it, the only people that yell back are voting for Trump anyway :)

I just don't think anyone here is in the "on the fence" club. NOW I will agree with you if the audience is Kamala voters. I just don't know how many are here. Maybe they are a silent majority.

Other than saying he isn't perfect, I don't go out of my way to engage the people around me in the realz with a litnany of complaints about Trump.

I really only know one Kamala voter IRL. Cancelled a Tesla Truck order because Elon Musk has sided with Trump. I can guarantee our conversations don't start with me complaining about Trump. They usually start and end with me sounding like you and most other folks I would say are ardent Trump folk. Unfortunately, I am Orthodox not Catholic. I just can't get used to the idea of a Pope.

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can guarantee our conversations don't start with me complaining about Trump. They usually start and end with me sounding like you and most other folks I would say are ardent Trump folk.
    Sounds like me with people in Illinois. I am sure they all think I am a gun-toting hard right winger.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not watching. I'm saying D vs R, the Ds have it figured out. This thread is proof about the Rs.

But overall, generally, do you find what I said to be true?
    Not quite. It's true there's bickering among the different conservative factions. There's also bickering among the different progressive factions. Maybe moreso on the right.

Still the moderates of each side disagree with the more extreme partisans of each side. I think what makes it seem evident that the Democrats have it figured out is the media that they consume.

And I think this is the cause. On the left the mainstream media is pretty lock-step with Democrats. On the right, the moderates are the ones more likely to consume mainstream media. I think that's why there's more of a rift between factions on the right. We've seen what NPR can do to people. :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Still the moderates of each side disagree with the more extreme partisans of each side.
    Dem moderates are far more likely to vote with the extreme than repubs.

I think what makes it seem evident that the Democrats have it figured out is the media that they consume.

And I think this is the cause. On the left the mainstream media is pretty lock-step with Democrats. On the right, the moderates are the ones more likely to consume mainstream media. I think that's why there's more of a rift between factions on the right. We've seen what NPR can do to people. :):
    Actually makes sense…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now you know why I think the libertarian tendency toward perfectionism is downstream from the conservative one

I just don't understand the compulsion of some to want to rake Trump over the coals at this point, I guess it takes the place of lube or something when they're wanking
    I don't think the people who are doing that are even necessarily libertarian. I suspect Carmel, Indiana isn't a hotbed of libertarianism. Libertarians of course put up their own fuss, but it's not like it's in numbers worth considering a whole lot. They should not be taken for granted as Republican voters anyway.

I don't think it's hard to understand. He's not the candidate they were hoping for. It is as simple as that. And when they see Trump trailing in the polls, or doing poorly in a debate, it angers them because they think if Republicans had nominated a "better" candidate, they wouldn't have to feel so icky about him losing.

Notice that when Trump was 10 points up in swing states compared to Joe Biden, the neverTrumpers pretty much STFU. Now it's not looking so positive, and it reminds them of all the reasons why they didn't want him as the nominee.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The tip of the America First spear is Vance, DeSantis and Ramaswamy. A Trump victory, naturally, places Vance in the Driver's Seat for 2028. If not, they each have a shot for the nomination in 2028. They have the people.

The Old Guard is losing influence. Many of their allies have left the party or have endorsed the Democratic Ticket. Not a good look moving forward...

The Cotton and Hawley types understand the grassroots. I don't see any other Senators making a play.

Youngkin would be high on the establishments list, but I believe he understands the power of the America First base.

Maybe Suarez, he seems ambitious. I don't know much about him.
    Agreed, except, the bit about Hawley. They say things that tickle our ears, but it seems like all they manage to do is find themselves in video clips of "Hawley Owns librals" created by surrogates to help them fundraise. Meanwhile. They don't. Do. ****. Else.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Indeed.

He didn't do well in the debate. I was irritated that he seemed incapable or unwilling to punch back. I don't know what his problem was. But, as you would have to admit, that was pretty atypical Trump and IMHO it's a mulligan. Otherwise he still appears amply motivated by the gravity of our situation with the added benefit of having learned from the mistakes (mostly staffing) of the first administration.

IF oil and is booming (and Id argue from observational evidence that the boom has long since abated), that's in spite of the Biden administration. He's done nothing but erect roadblocks to oil and gas production since he assumed the big boy chair. The price spikes are due to his anti oil policies, and high oil related energy prices, while driving more private exploration/production in the short term due to the very simple laws of economics, throttle economic growth. We all know where Trump stands on energy because he understands it's the engine of growth and progress.

Do you look down on rural, male, uneducated people? Because that's what it sorta sounds like. That sounds slightly like "basket of deplorables" or "bitterly clinging to guns and religion". You'd be surprised how well many of those people have the uncanny ability to see through all the bull crap because they don't have to look through the fog of their liberal higher education generated arrogance.

At the end of the day, I doubt we'll agree here. I will say I'm not one of the more cultish Trump supporters and I know many of those. I said earlier I'm rolling the dice on him, just like I did in 2016 and 2020. He's unpredictable, so we're never absolutely certain what we're going to get, but at this point I'm so disgusted by the continual betrayal of the elephant party, that he's candidate that I view as the most adept at busting up the uniparty good ole boys club that has become the US government. And I'm willing to bet on that.
    I don’t think he debated well against Biden either, but Biden was so braindead not many noticed. I think he’s slowed down more than people are willing to admit. I also don’t think he has a deep grasp on the issues.

Biden took swipes at oil in 2021 and got his hand smacked by prices at the pump. The current price is more tied to OPEC than Biden. Biden hasn’t don’t anything to boom or stall oil at this point. Other than accelerate land leases, cut some silly environmental regs, cutting Iran, lift the EV mandate, etc I don’t see Trump doing much here. All need done and Kamala won’t do it.

I have no issue with small town folks. I’ve lived in a small town. In some ways I like it better. I’m leaving Carmel in February and building a house out by the corn fields. The rural Trump appeal is amazing to me.

I don’t think Trump is going to break anything term 2. I don’t think he’s that strategic. That guy in Florida is the best bet to take significant action, imo. Trump wants to win and prove he should have had it last time and finish with pride.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think the people who are doing that are even necessarily libertarian. I suspect Carmel, Indiana isn't a hotbed of libertarianism. Libertarians of course put up their own fuss, but it's not like it's in numbers worth considering a whole lot. They should not be taken for granted as Republican voters anyway.

I don't think it's hard to understand. He's not the candidate they were hoping for. It is as simple as that. And when they see Trump trailing in the polls, or doing poorly in a debate, it angers them because they think if Republicans had nominated a "better" candidate, they wouldn't have to feel so icky about him losing.

Notice that when Trump was 10 points up in swing states compared to Joe Biden, the neverTrumpers pretty much STFU. Now it's not looking so positive, and it reminds them of all the reasons why they didn't want him as the nominee.
    I think it's a matter of resentment in part by some that MAGAs hoisted Trump upon them against their will and made him the choice, so they continue to remind them of their displeasure.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom