Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, Trump really stepped in it with that comment giving fuel to the Hitler comparison crowd to feed on.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I do not remember all the details now, but we either follow the constitution as it was written or we don’t follow anything. I remember thinking that the way Alito respponded to the pre-election case hat would be a strong avenue in the aftermath but alas the court went chicken and refused to even allow trials, short circuiting everything on standing…
    Well Christians did that with the Bible for about 1000 years. Then really split up over 200 years. It's been 200 years for the constitution but I imagine you'd say we quit following the constitution years ago.

Yet most groups will tell you they are following the Bible as written even though they disagree.

I figure, assuming religion ought to be ranked a little higher than politics, it's too late for this follow or not dichotomy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which Chip Roy the RINO video sounds like this?

He can say the stuff when the cameras are on or he’s X’ing. How does he vote on bills? Sometimes with the freedom caucus. Sometimes against, and with the RINOs. Not that I accept the term RINO at face value. But we all know what we mean when we say it.

Point is, I’m not saying this because he **** on Trump. I agree with him on that X. It’s that I don’t have high confidence in Chip Roy telling me what I want to hear. The question is, does he really believe it? Which Chip Roy said it? The one who sometimes votes with the Freedom Caucus when there are no consequences for the establishment? Or the one that can quietly vote with the establishment when it matters? Or the one who is campaigning with surrogates posting soundbites of Chip Roy destroys democrat! My answer to that question. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not remember all the details now, but we either follow the constitution as it was written or we don’t follow anything. I remember thinking that the way Alito respponded to the pre-election case hat would be a strong avenue in the aftermath but alas the court went chicken and refused to even allow trials, short circuiting everything on standing…
    Even justices can be biased.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Puzzle pieces put together form the picture…
    The picture that’s forming I think looks different to you than it does to me. The whole idea of overturning the 2020 election and reinstating Trump, was always bull ****. And perpetuated as a delusion. It is not grounds to have Pence overturn the election. That was just a cockamamy far out legal theory by inscrutable shysters trying to bilk Trump for money, because they knew he would be a sucker for it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, this is pretty much the pool of lawyers left for Trump to choose from. Other top attorneys won't represent Trump out of concerns that it will negatively affect their practices or that they will be prosecuted with something for representing him.
    That’s how it looks to me too. Any big law firm that tries to represent Trump gets canceled and blackballed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Many otherwise sane conservatives that I know said exactly that. It doesn't explain 2012, though.
    It does explain it. He didn’t win Indiana, for example. Indiana voted for a milquetoast RINO over Obama by 10 points. I think Obama’s hope-n-change nonsense managed to convert moderate as progressives. His percentage win was smaller in 2012 overall than in 2008. And we’re not talking about a huge win anyway. But Obama captured several states.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump sure has a habit of using the most politically exploitable language for a given idea. This is what I mean by unforced errors.

So the excuse for why TDS exists is because the media makes a vile straw man of Trump, and then they knock down the straw man. Result: the drones repeat as if mindless, “orange man bad.”

But then Trump feeds a doozy like this, the media says, dayam, this guy writes our material for us! Trump, because he says idiotic things, feeds the TDS almost as much as the media. So how can you blame the folks suffering from TDS when he helps it along this much.

I’ve pretty much resigned to the fact that Trump is going to be the nominee. Not so much because of Trump’s great political skills and statesmanship. But because there are so many Trump supporters who don’t give a **** what nonsense he ejaculates. I get it. You belive in him. And he did alright as POTUS. Is he the right guy now? Hell. That ain’t even the right question.

I’d settle for this one answered. Can anyone get him to stop saying stupid ****? A lot of people supporting him now are pissed about the way the current administration has affected their lives. Can they vote for someone who can’t not sound like a ****ing white nationalist?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Just keep alienating every voter who is not a Trump fanatic, Donny. Then we can start calling you Walter Mondale beginning next November 6th. :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If an AF candidate doesn’t win, and maybe if one does, I think the US will succumb to a fairly permanent ClownWorld™. Not sure if Trump can do it if he can’t control his ****ing mouth.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It does explain it. He didn’t win Indiana, for example. Indiana voted for a milquetoast RINO over Obama by 10 points. I think Obama’s hope-n-change nonsense managed to convert moderate as progressives. His percentage win was smaller in 2012 overall than in 2008. And we’re not talking about a huge win anyway. But Obama captured several states.
    At the time I looked it up Romney lost by 350,000 votes over a handful of states, not quite the landslide the media narrated. Trump is still the only incumbent to increase his vote totals over his first election and likely will again if he is the nominee…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I would wager they left out “illegal” before immigrant in an editing error!

Top Bottom