• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have discussed it in the past. I am not digging it all back up again. It happened, it was not constitutional, the courts refused to hear cases.
    So you say. You don’t have to dig anything up. You claimed it’s unconstitutional. You should have the why already. Is it that there are links you need to reacquaint yourself with?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    According to estimates in the article it doesn't appear that even oil and gas revenues will be nearly sufficiently adequate to fund free anything. The best it could do is to help subsidise SS and healthcare costs and not completely pay for it.
    But Trump said…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's all good.

There's no doubt in my mind that evidence exists, but it's been buried, thrown out, or folks silenced.

Heck, just look at what happened to Seth Rich or others who know too much...
    That may be. And the big problem is that no one is going to present the smoking gun if that's the case, because I don't think there is a will to care enough from the people who need to see it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you say. You don’t have to dig anything up. You claimed it’s unconstitutional. You should have the why already. Is it that there are links you need to reacquaint yourself with?
    Always conflating things. It is unequivocal what the constitution says. If ANY entity other than the legislature chooses the manner of selecting electors, it is flatly unconstitutional. We have had this discussion you are ok with this clause being violated.

That is a different subject than the anomalies and election counting behavior that create probable cause for further investigation.

It is just your bias creeping in…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Apparently this is what Trump is referring to. He's used the term before when he said "the wealth under are feet" could help prevent SS insolvency. Now I guess it will pay for healthcare too.

"Trump said during a Fox News town hall that "incredible wealth under our feet" in the form of domestic oil and gas could prevent Social Security's insolvency."
    Is the the same type of people that claimed the world was running out of oil 40-50 years ago?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is the the same type of people that claimed the world was running out of oil 40-50 years ago?
    Have no idea. Just did a search to verify the origin of "the wealth under our feet" terminology as I had assumed, and this is the first link I found that mentioned it.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    People claim peak oil every year. Not just 40-50 years ago.

Have no idea. Just did a search to verify the origin of "the wealth under our feet" terminology as I had assumed, and this is the first link I found that mentioned it.
    Sounds like Mexico paying for the wall to me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IDK. Sounds pretty exclusive to me. Did State legislators choose to direct Governors, SoSs and the courts to change the rules that are delegated to them by the Constitution.? Don't believe they did. Seems to me it was the other way around.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.
    “It is difficult to get a[n] man [HKFan] to understand something, when his salary [prejudices] depend on his not understanding it.” - Upton Bugclair

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "winning" in this case is filing a frivolous lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and losing a million dollars, probably paid by donors, and then blaming the media for not covering it, even though they did. Then to see Trump's crowd, likely donors, cheering at paying for frivolous lawsuits and a crap lawyer, just start cheering... because MAGA or something.

Some of you are so far up Trump's ass that even when he loses, you can only see winning.
    DeSantis' superPAC is collapsing in real time, with donors fleeing and eight senior members either resigning or being fired (depending on who you ask)

How's that view of DeSantis doing all that winning? Wondering if where you're looking out at things from smells a bit like Hart Senate Building room 216?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not yet, but a lot of folks haven't seen the simple common sense proposal. It'd be a great set of questions for journalists to ask of democratic candidates and republicans also.

The more this gets spread around and discussed, the more likely it becomes a topic of discussion. We should learn from our enemies. The dems are excellent at not giving up. They play the long game well.

Remember when global warming and the green new deal was just crazy talk of the loons? Remember when the dem speaker of the house made fun of such talk? Where are we now
    ??? :n00b:

:oldwise:

I don't believe it is wise to encourage or allow the federal government to have any say in the rules that individual states choose to use to conduct their elections, beyond what is specified in the constitution

I like his idea, just not how he wants to implement it

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Always conflating things. It is unequivocal what the constitution says. If ANY entity other than the legislature chooses the manner of selecting electors, it is flatly unconstitutional. We have had this discussion you are ok with this clause being violated.

That is a different subject than the anomalies and election counting behavior that create probable cause for further investigation.

It is just your bias creeping in…
    I read what the constitution says. I don't think we have a disagreement on that at all. I think the issue is with what you think happened that was unconstitutional. That's what I asked for you to explain again. Shouldn't be all that hard to do. Nothing to look up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Liz, sounding like some of our resident nevertrumpers...

View attachment 319598
    Darker chapters ahead? **** acts like we didn't already have 4 years of Trump not being literally Hitler. And over the last few years since Trump left office we've had a lot closer to that than we had with Trump. Trump has his faults. Hitler isn't one of them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So what's your opinion of Trump saying he wants to use oil to pay for all the social programs we all say we don't want as conservatives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you are just jealous of Trump and crew. Sorry you can't win...

...not sorry... :)
    I mean. C'mon man. Did your parents sooth you with, "they're just jealous" when you were a kid? I didn't think so. So why use it now? That has never been true. Of all the reasons HKFC doesn't like Trump, you think the most reasonable one to believe is because he's just jealous?

I think it's TDS, yes. Jealousy? Nah. That's a different kind of contempt.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I read what the constitution says. I don't think we have a disagreement on that at all. I think the issue is with what you think happened that was unconstitutional. That's what I asked for you to explain again. Shouldn't be all that hard to do. Nothing to look up.
    The executive branch and or SOS changed the manner in which electors were chosen…

Top Bottom