Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Walmart moved from political pressure on open carry and Kroger followed suit.

What does this move tell you about where you spend your money? :spend:

:n00b:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You just have a far more optimistic outlook on science curing this and that these small changes will add up to a better outcome overall when the carnage done to business and families is tallied. Seems few want to talk about that, it doesn't fit their narrative...

I'm not saying science will cure it. I'm saying that as they understand it better, they'll get better at treating it, which will create better outcomes for the people who get it. That's already happened. And the research I quoted suggests that they could be finding more. I'm not saying that we need to shut things down, or that we needed to shut things down before. I'm just saying that your statement about humans not being able to do much about the death rates isn't as you seem to think. I'm not very optimistic about a vaccine, mostly because there isn't a safe and effective vaccine for any corona-viruses so far. But I think some treatments look promising.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When you try it on, make sure you check it out to make sure you like it before you buy it.

;)

0B0io6o.jpg
    Bahahahahahahaha idiots

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm not saying science will cure it. I'm saying that as they understand it better, they'll get better at treating it, which will create better outcomes for the people who get it. That's already happened. And the research I quoted suggests that they could be finding more. I'm not saying that we need to shut things down, or that we needed to shut things down before. I'm just saying that your statement about humans not being able to do much about the death rates isn't as you seem to think. I'm not very optimistic about a vaccine, mostly because there isn't a safe and effective vaccine for any corona-viruses so far. But I think some treatments look promising.

I have to give Jamil credit here for continuing to work to elucidate the reality of what is known vs unknown and that there are few firm answers. I'm trying to do the same, but apparently not as well. Mitigation has some value. Mitigation also causes secondary problems. Perhaps it's difficult on social media to disagree with a point without appearing to be firmly entrenched in a fully opposite viewpoint.

I really hate the way the pandemic has separated people who in some cases were previously good friends. It's made political divides worse. I would have expected a crisis to pull people together.

This sign is apparently from IU Health.

My veterinary colleagues are posting similar signs, which probably isn't that productive. But in any case they report being verbally abused by clients on a regular basis now. I haven't experienced that, but I have a small crop of good clients and a good staff.

I don't know what we do about it, but this pandemic is tough on a lot of people in more ways than one sees on the surface.

I just want to say I'm sorry for anyone here I offended or if I'm just being too argumentative (I probably am). energy.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom