• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Only wore a mask twice...once for my MIL to see her creation on my face and the other time when we had annual checkups at riley hospital

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The virtue cloths have now been mandated in Monroe County. Police have already told them to **** off, they won't be enforcing it. The county commissioners feel "the community", aka Karen, will enforce it for them.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    We were in one of the Bloomington Krogers today and I saw fewer virtue cloth wearers than usual. Karen may be in for a rude awakening.

I wander how Karen would feel if she saw someone wearing a ski mask as a face covering and open carrying. That could be entertaining.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    To the virtue cloth crowd:

If you believe cloth over your mouth prevents spread of disease via coughing and sneezing, why do we need to wear a virtue cloth? All of us wear clothes, it is easy enough to pull your shirt over your mouth to cough or sneeze.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To the virtue cloth crowd:

If you believe cloth over your mouth prevents spread of disease via coughing and sneezing, why do we need to wear a virtue cloth? All of us wear clothes, it is easy enough to pull your shirt over your mouth to cough or sneeze.

Why ask questions when you won't accept an answer? :dunno:
    Either you haven't been paying attention, or are intentional obtuse.

I will say, I watched a man sneeze into his hand then handle items on a store shelf. :puke:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    B19E9F00-041E-4F88-986D-949F62FC7A4E.jpg

This was the surgeon generals twitter in February.

Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What does he say now?

I can appreciate when someone takes in new information, analyzes it, and makes a change.
    (if only more Liberals would do that!)

Ha. I dunno, honestly don’t care. He shouldn’t have told me without a doubt to STOP BUYING MASKS in all caps. Then follow it with they aren’t effective.

If he would have said “Please stay home and wash your hands to prevent the need of masks in public so our healthcare professionals can continue getting their much needed masks” I would accept that and wear one today. But nope. He told me, in caps, to stop buying masks and they aren’t effective. I’m not playing sit stand jump sit stand jump with these people. He’s in a top position in our country, he should have competence when telling us what to do. He didn’t. Not my fault.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why ask questions when you won't accept an answer? :dunno:
    Either you haven't been paying attention, or are intentional obtuse.

I will say, I watched a man sneeze into his hand then handle items on a store shelf. :puke:

So your argument is that because some people are irresponsible, we all need equally punished?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I believe the liberal government is mandating wearing a mask in order to make up for the money china is losing because of Trump's effort to MAGA. We spend our hard earned money on masks made in china......we spend ALLOT of money on masks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I believe the liberal government is mandating wearing a mask in order to make up for the money china is losing because of Trump's effort to MAGA. We spend our hard earned money on masks made in china......we spend ALLOT of money on masks.
    Meh. There’s still enough goods being imported from China, including masks, I don’t see that being it. It’s about control.

Plus with all the new sports drama, Nike has to be making more jerseys to give their woke athletes, so the sweat shops in China are working overtime so rich Americans can announce their oppression on their jerseys.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’ll pass. You wear a mask if you want to, my surgeon general told me they aren’t effective.
    If they’re effective for healthcare people they’re effective. There’s nothing magical about one’s profession that makes its effectiveness kick in for some and not for others. Fouci said essentially the same thing. Masks won’t help you, but oh, by the way, you should donate yours to health care workers.

Translation: we’re lying to you that masks won’t help you so that we can have supplies to give to the people who need them more than you do. And we all discussed that very same thing back then. Many of you bought masks then and wore them and talked about how elitist Fouci was for that double speak bull**** that we all saw through.

So now that we’reball skeptical of that you’re gonna pretend that he really meant they weren’t effective? C’mon man.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What does he say now?

I can appreciate when someone takes in new information, analyzes it, and makes a change.
    (if only more Liberals would do that!)
    He didn’t take in new information. They were just lying to get people to stop buying up all the masks. Fouci admitted that in a Senate hearing just the other day.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If they’re effective for healthcare people they’re effective. There’s nothing magical about one’s profession that makes its effectiveness kick in for some and not for others. Fouci said essentially the same thing. Masks won’t help you, but oh, by the way, you should donate yours to health care workers.

Translation: we’re lying to you that masks won’t help you so that we can have supplies to give to the people who need them more than you do. And we all discussed that very same thing back then. Many of you bought masks then and wore them and talked about how elitist Fouci was for that double speak bull**** that we all saw through.

So now that we’reball skeptical of that you’re gonna pretend that he really meant they weren’t effective? C’mon man.

I didn’t say they aren’t effective, my surgeon general told me they aren’t effective. I’m no professional. He is. Who am I to disagree?

Yes. I’m being petty. Don’t care. Maybe the government should understand people’s livelihoods are at stake, and shouldn’t lie to its citizens like it’s no big deal. We put them in positions to trust our lives with their decisions. They took that for granted. **** em.

Going back to the effectiveness of masks, I will say I do not believe they are effective. I think it’s a feel good do something measure so people feel safe. Like gun control. “We gotta do something”. Unless we all wear hazmat suits and gas masks, a cloth mask isn’t going to prevent squat. There’s too much conflicting data and everyone cherry picks what data they want to present to confirm their beliefs. It’s confirmation bias at its finest. This is all about controlling people. Where was the mask outrage during the protests? Crickets. Its another way for the left to attack Trump. If he wore a mask they’d be screaming he’s killing nurses and doesn’t care about healthcare workers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Maybe government health experts shouldn't lie to the general public, and then expect to have any credibility with them afterwards.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Not to mention, back then the talk was about rated masks. Now they want to pretend rated masks aren't necessary and simply wearing what ever you found laying around your house will do the job.

I only wear a mask if I'm going to be around sick people, and I only wear one that is rated above an N95. Wearing it the rest of the time is just fear indulgence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe government health experts shouldn't lie to the general public, and then expect to have any credibility with them afterwards.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Not to mention, back then the talk was about rated masks. Now they want to pretend rated masks aren't necessary and simply wearing what ever you found laying around your house will do the job.

I only wear a mask if I'm going to be around sick people, and I only wear one that is rated above an N95. Wearing it the rest of the time is just fear indulgence.
    You guys don’t like it when the other side asserts you have motives you don’t actually have, so why do you do the same thing? You think they wear them because of “fear indulgence”? Maybe they think they’re effective and that’s why they wear them. Has that ever occurred to you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom