• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What would be the point? That mask is the proverbial screen door on a submarine in that scenario.

So your answer is no. Would that also mean that the health care workers "need" for masks because they were working on CoVid-19 wards was purely psychological?

I'm a big proponent of "concealed is concealed" and "don't ask, don't tell" with respect to carry of my firearm, and my decision-making process has nothing to do with what makes anyone else feel safe or unsafe. That is, granted, different from the mask scenario. But just as someone who approaches and accosts a firearm carrier because they "feel unsafe" disproves their assertion of feeling unsafe through their bold act of approaching and accosting the firearm carrier, someone who approaches and accosts a mask non-wearer because they "feel unsafe" belies their lack of truly feeling unsafe, by their willingness to enter into close proximity to the mask non-wearer, thereby exposing himself to the very risk he claims to want to avoid.

Your assumption is that the person approaching is concerned about themselves.

Government has no authority to compel healthy people to wear masks. Government has some authority to compel verified sick people to act in certain ways (such as enforced quarantine), but that authority does not extend to compelling those who are healthy.

I'll leave that to the experts to determine. Government has a lot of authority I don't even know about.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nah, I think it's more like having a conversation with Copernicus
    Perhaps they are engaging in magical thinking along the lines of implicit bias and implicit racism. In their minds, we are spreaders and just don't know it - implicit contagion

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here, on INGO, i haven't read one person sympathetic to mask wearing that is saying you "have to" wear a mask. I see all sorts of "why wear masks" making that assumption. Why is that? I don't read every post so have I missed some posts from regulars not one hit wonders? I even see above a message that links "wishing to live freely" by separating themselves from their brethren in church. As if wearing a mask is not living freely. Since that concerns the "coming together of believers" in Christ, may they practice St. Paul's teachings on liberty.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Mask or not to mask...
    If this boiled down to either everyone was going to be forced to wear masks or else blow it off and forget about it, if the matter was that clear cut, what would you (addressing this to everyone) say? I think it's real simple; blow it off. The bat bug gets as many of us as it will and we move on.

OK, yeah I know, many will recoil in horror at the very idea. My thinking on the matter is that the young people growing up are our worry rather than how much longer can we each continue to suck air. After all, you and I are going to achieve room temperature in a relatively short time. Oh my how time flies when you're having old! But the coming generations need to have a viable and desirable society in which to prosper. And guess what: This bat bug booger bear nonsense was designed to take that away from them. The only way to win is to not play their game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tri-Creek School District mandates masks for everyone inside the buildings and on buses.

If I understand it correctly, children can remove their masks at recess when playing outside.

Same here in Marion Co. This has gotten us to set up home school for the terrorists. At least these 3 will know what's in the Constitution and bill of rights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mask or not to mask...
    If this boiled down to either everyone was going to be forced to wear masks or else blow it off and forget about it, if the matter was that clear cut, what would you (addressing this to everyone) say? I think it's real simple; blow it off. The bat bug gets as many of us as it will and we move on.

OK, yeah I know, many will recoil in horror at the very idea. My thinking on the matter is that the young people growing up are our worry rather than how much longer can we each continue to suck air. After all, you and I are going to achieve room temperature in a relatively short time. Oh my how time flies when you're having old! But the coming generations need to have a viable and desirable society in which to prosper. And guess what: This bat bug booger bear nonsense was designed to take that away from them. The only way to win is to not play their game.

Winning. I totally believe this. To not see what is going on is have on your darkest shade of denial glasses.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There is no proof that healthy asymptomatic people need to wear masks. Believe if there was the left would have it on every media outlet non-stop. It is political BS to keep the economy down nothing more. Now can we stop beating this dead horse? :horse:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no proof that healthy asymptomatic people need to wear masks. Believe if there was the left would have it on every media outlet non-stop. It is political BS to keep the economy down nothing more. Now can we stop beating this dead horse? :horse:

Yes but that will be after the election and then it will be an entirely new set of insane issues.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Same here in Marion Co. This has gotten us to set up home school for the terrorists. At least these 3 will know what's in the Constitution and bill of rights.
    My daughter is planning to homeschool her fifth grader along with ongoing preschooling of her other two toddlers.

This is quite a move for my daughter, who was no model student herself. It is not a second nature thing for her to jump into the teacher role.

Does this make everyone wonder how long it will be before the teachers union and school boards realize that these silly moves will quickly be into their wallets?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Must impeach Trump!!!!!!!! Over and over til it sticks. ;)

That BS will end, IF we get our majorities back in congress. That would solve a LOT of other problems also, including the terrible race baiting and rioting we are in now.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My daughter is planning to homeschool her fifth grader along with ongoing preschooling of her her two toddlers.

This quite a move for my daughter, who was no model student herself. It is not a second nature thing for her to jump into the teacher role.

Does this make everyone wonder how long it will be before the teachers union and school boards realize that these silly moves will quickly be into their wallets?

The public school is Marion county have been loosing heasd count at an alarming rate. Enough that they are closing/consolidating schools. Yet they still "NEED" more money.

No. They will not stop. They have a blank check and do as they please with the money. Even in the face of "White" flight. Families escaping the issues of the city as BLM is taking over and turning the schools into zoo's. The 13 year old told me every day that I dropped her at school her only concern was getting through the day without dealing with a certain aspect of culture that we have let run amok.

**** all of that. We are done with the insanity. Let them have it. Like everything else they touch it will be in ruins soon enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The default state is "healthy", not "sick". Sickness presents with certain symptoms. Absent symptoms, there is no reason to reject the null hypothesis of "healthy".

More importantly for the subject of wearing masks in response to Covid: as of yet, I can find no evidence, no studies, nothing empirical regarding the viral load of asymptomatic carriers. There is simply no evidence, as of yet, that asymptomatic carriers have high viral load in their exhalation. That viral load typically presents through symptomatic exhalation: i.e. coughing and sneezing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7291769/

Well, it's something.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

I was wondering when we would start seeing these types of things. Criminals truly should be scared if the police force is done away with, these people are only enforcing a mask mandate.
    I'll leave that to the experts to determine. Government has a lot of authority I don't even know about.
    They don't have the authority for a lot of things but people like yourself don't call them on it so they stand on precedent.
    I see property tax hikes in the future to cover for this... Schools are a government entity and as such have no idea how to live within a budget.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was wondering when we would start seeing these types of things. Criminals truly should be scared if the police force is done away with, these people are only enforcing a mask mandate.
    They don't have the authority for a lot of things but people like yourself don't call them on it so they stand on precedent.
    I see property tax hikes in the future to cover for this... Schools are a government entity and as such have no idea how to live within a budget.

I’d read a story not long ago Nashville did or will pass a 34% tax increase. 34%.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom