• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Grease is right. This is why extremely limited government and individual liberty and responsibility is so important. Once the floodgates have opened for government control of the masses, the masses lose the ability and desire to care for themselves.

Had government not stepped in in the first place and crated draconian security theater rules and allowed people to make their own decisions for their own health and safety, we would not be on the verge of a cultural revolution and slide towards Marxism.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Grease is right. This is why extremely limited government and individual liberty and responsibility is so important. Once the floodgates have opened for government control of the masses, the masses lose the ability and desire to care for themselves.

Had government not stepped in in the first place and crated draconian security theater rules and allowed people to make their own decisions for their own health and safety, we would not be on the verge of a cultural revolution and slide towards Marxism.

I don't think much if any of this matters in that pursuit. FDR sealed that deal long before almost any of us here were born.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Holcomb essentially did what Abbott did. Both have lifted the state wide mask mandate but returned decision making on restrictions back to counties and businesses.

In my opinion, forcing a private business to either impose restrictions or to deny them the ability to set their own terms is authoritarian.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but it seems like you're arguing Holcomb should tell private businesses that they can't require customers to wear masks as a condition of entry. To me that is the same as telling a private business how they must operate.

And regarding your comment about "listening to their constituents," I'm sure there there are plenty of them telling Holcomb not to lift it, so unless you have polling that shows a vast majority of Hoosiers oppose the mask mandates, how can you claim he isn't listening to constituents?

Just to be super duper clear. I was never in favor of mask mandates, I don't want them to be kept in place at all but I like to be consistent in my positions and oppose all government overreach.
    Holcomb should have never gotten our state government in the business of mandating anything pandemic related to business.

He should have made it clear that local government would not be mandating anything pandemic related in this state either.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Holcomb should have never gotten our state government in the business of mandating anything pandemic related to business.

He should have made it clear that local government would not be mandating anything pandemic related in this state either.
    Do you not see that those two statements are contradictions?

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana

Don’t matter to me, I don’t comply and I voted for Rainwater. It is In GOD We Trust, not in masks we trust.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don’t matter to me, I don’t comply and I voted for Rainwater. It is In GOD We Trust, not in masks we trust.
    I wonder if there won't be a LOT more of this sort of thinking?

Especially as more and more folks are vaccinated?

On top of the number folks testing positive for the 'rona are spiraling downward?

And after A YEAR lost to this scamdemic, I think a LOT of folks have had about enough of this :poop: :poop: :poop:?

Those of us on the other side of middle aged don't have any more years to **** away. We are over it...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Um, it is one or the other. Pandemics are not new. Combatting disease was the primary function of the State of Indiana prior to the Welfare State.

State government has plenary power in this regard. The legislature deemed the Governor as the proper vessel during emergencies such as this. The Governor is turning back to the counties.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Inshallah INGO, not just for range safety.

Perhaps God does not want you to spit on your fellow man during a pandemic?
    I don't need a government mandated muzzle to refrain from spitting on others, "pandemic" or otherwise.

I would have thought after a year this hysteric language would finally start to wear off. Guess some people are just too far gone.

Top Bottom