• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1 word here.......lawyers.
    It's not just lawyers, it's the woke crowd on social media too. After a year of lockdown, regulation and overbearing fear, business cannot afford to bear the effects of social media shaming either.

If the Gov has any nads, he'd lift all the mandates and override any lib local mayor tyrants wanting to keep the "power."

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I agree that most, if not all corporate entities will still require the max, even after der Fuhrer lifts the mandate. According to a local article, Kroger, Target, CVS, Home Depot, Aldi and Walmart will all still require them.

So far, I've heard of 2 local restaurants that will not require max wearing, and one that will. Let's see who gets oze's business starting in early April.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree that most, if not all corporate entities will still require the max, even after der Fuhrer lifts the mandate. According to a local article, Kroger, Target, CVS, Home Depot, Aldi and Walmart will all still require them.

So far, I've heard of 2 local restaurants that will not require max wearing, and one that will. Let's see who gets oze's business starting in early April.
    Requirement and enforcement is two different things though.

Kinda like no guns signs in Indiana. Sometimes they just gotta say it to appease the loudmouths... ;)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

My worst fear is that these corporate dicks are going to force this crap to go on forever because the lawyers tell them to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My worst fear is that these corporate dicks are going to force this crap to go on forever because the lawyers tell them to.
    As I feared and stated in the beginning.

I'm sure it will become part of ADA so those with autoimmune diseases can shop with the rest of us, after all it was a "reasonable accommodation" for Wuwho flu, why not for other problems?

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The lifting of the mandate in IN is turning out to be a waste of time. The govt and media generated hysteria has most businesses still afraid to end their mandates.
    Yup, you’re not wrong. So many brainwashed idiots out there and fearful people. And not to mention cities and counties probably will take up baton.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If the Gov has any nads, he'd lift all the mandates and override any lib local mayor tyrants wanting to keep the "power."
    And that would simply be a state mandate in the other direction.

Just because the government abuses it's authority in a direction you like, doesn't make it any less of an abuse of authority.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    It's not just lawyers, it's the woke crowd on social media too. After a year of lockdown, regulation and overbearing fear, business cannot afford to bear the effects of social media shaming either.

thats if He did. Oh and remember how much more peaceful and less dramatic life was before that FB and similar ilk it was? If you wanted to shame someone you had to take an add out in the paper or make a sign. People want to be telecoms toughguys And hide behind that.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana

Walmart, CVS, Home Depot are places I have been to, they just look at me and don’t say a word as I shop, some employees arn’t wearing them, but if you want an entire aisle to yourself you got it. I guess non maskers put the fear of God in people or something.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How would you prove that you were exposed to Covid in a particular store?
    I don't think corporations are as worried about a lawsuit from a customer getting sick as they about getting sued by an employee.

Think of all the Karen's screaming, "I'm here working 10 hours per day. How dare you let the unwashed masses in here without masks, putting my safety at risk!"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think corporations are as worried about a lawsuit from a customer getting sick as they about getting sued by an employee.

Think of all the Karen's screaming, "I'm here working 10 hours per day. How dare you let the unwashed masses in here without masks, putting my safety at risk!"
    Maybe so. My response to the Karens as an employer would be "You are free to start seeking employment elsewhere. Starting immediately."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Isnt that exactly what Abbott in Texas did?

A governor that actually listened to his constituents?
    Holcomb essentially did what Abbott did. Both have lifted the state wide mask mandate but returned decision making on restrictions back to counties and businesses.

This executive order rescinds most of the Governor's earlier executive orders related to COVID-19. Effective next Wednesday, all businesses of any type may open to 100% capacity. Additionally, this order ends the statewide mask mandate in Texas. Businesses may still limit capacity or implement additional safety protocols at their own discretion.

If COVID-19 hospitalizations in any of the 22 hospital regions in Texas get above 15% of the hospital bed capacity in that region for seven straight days, a County Judge in that region may use COVID-19 mitigation strategies. However, County Judges may not impose jail time for not following COVID-19 orders nor may any penalties be imposed for failing to wear a face mask. If restrictions are imposed at a County level, those restrictions may not include reducing capacity to less than 50% for any type of entity.
    In my opinion, forcing a private business to either impose restrictions or to deny them the ability to set their own terms is authoritarian.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but it seems like you're arguing Holcomb should tell private businesses that they can't require customers to wear masks as a condition of entry. To me that is the same as telling a private business how they must operate.

And regarding your comment about "listening to their constituents," I'm sure there there are plenty of them telling Holcomb not to lift it, so unless you have polling that shows a vast majority of Hoosiers oppose the mask mandates, how can you claim he isn't listening to constituents?

Just to be super duper clear. I was never in favor of mask mandates, I don't want them to be kept in place at all but I like to be consistent in my positions and oppose all government overreach.

Top Bottom