• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those that were high risk are the ones that we should have made the focus on. Everyone else, not so much. Even then, "high risk" was still a 50/50 chance of it being bad. My wife was/is high risk but made it through fine.
    And if she took extra precautions with her mail or groceries, I would not judge her either.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I was one of the very first to wear a surgical mask, at the grocery store, at the beginning of the pandemic.
    Before people even made their own with fabric or before we had masks mandates in place.

I had some weird looks from people back then.
    Perhaps the weird looks weren't that you were wearing a mask, the weird looks were where you were wearing your mask.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly!

I utilize a different version that goes "I'm sorry, you've obviously mistaken me for someone who [cares] what you think"

In less polite company [cares] can be replaced with [gives a dry ****]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have also seen an uptick in mask wearing at the grocery store, and it has been overwhelmingly black people by about 3:1. They are wearing N95s or KN95s, so they are doing the best they can

I don't know, but I was thinking they may not have as good a health insurance plan as others or may be taking care of others who are elderly at a higher rate than others or may have more limited means to ride out the financial costs of an illness (or all of the above). There are a myriad of possible reasons that do not involve a wool coat. I give them the benefit of the doubt and try not to crowd them. No one from that group has ever tried to insist that I should wear a mask

On the other hand, Karen and Ken do proselytize and need to be burnt down at every opportunity
    An N95, not worn properly, is as useless as a surgical mask. A proper seal can be a challenge when otherwise worn properly, much less when worn below the nose, worn with beard stubble, worn all day, etc.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I was looking at info on the Feast of the Hunter's Moon in Lafayette.
    Page says there is a shuttle bus from a parking lot to it, but that MASKS ARE REQUIRED due to a federal rule.
    I looked it up, and as far as I can tell, it was a DOT rule, and it was rescinded before 2022.

So... B.S.
    As is usual, people claim stuff, and don't bother to look it up.
    Or, I could be wrong.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Page says there is a shuttle bus from a parking lot to it, but that MASKS ARE REQUIRED due to a federal rule.
    I looked it up, and as far as I can tell, it was a DOT rule, and it was rescinded before 2022.

So... B.S.
    Or, I could be wrong.
    Probably laziness. Could be they just never revised their website.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An N95, not worn properly, is as useless as a surgical mask. A proper seal can be a challenge when otherwise worn properly, much less when worn below the nose, worn with beard stubble, worn all day, etc.
    I see, often enough, old guys with long beards wearing masks. Why? It’s not helping.

There’s a lot of homeless people around the UofL campus. Every time I go to the campus I see them wearing disposable surgical masks, usually around their chins. The masks look filthy, so they’ve probably been wearing the same ones for days or weeks.

People act like they believe these masks magically protect them from covid. Even if worn correctly they don’t. And wearing the same mask like that, for whatever negligible benefit there is, causes more harm from bacteria and whatnot. They’re deluded.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

So... B.S.
    Or, I could be wrong.
    Doesn’t a mask take away from the authenticity of the event?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I see, often enough, old guys with long beards wearing masks. Why? It’s not helping.

There’s a lot of homeless people around the UofL campus. Every time I go to the campus I see them wearing disposable surgical masks, usually around their chins. The masks look filthy, so they’ve probably been wearing the same ones for days or weeks.

People act like they believe these masks magically protect them from covid. Even if worn correctly they don’t. And wearing the same mask like that, for whatever negligible benefit there is, causes more harm from bacteria and whatnot. They’re deluded.
    Heaven forbid you say that out loud. People lose their frickin **** over it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Heaven forbid you say that out loud. People lose their frickin **** over it.
    I consider it a good opportunity to practice my "live and let live" philosophy. Their mask-wearing choice is none of my business and has no effect on my life.

Top Bottom