• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My SIL had an amazing set up in the early covid days. She made a decontamination air lock out of plastic. You went in one end, changed clothes, and then you could go into her house. Then she would go in, get the clothes, carry them through the house and put them in the washer for no less than three wash cycles. Her husband finally grew a little bit of a backbone when their water bill came in.
    One guy on that guitar forum said he was lucky, because he had an attached garage on his house, and would quarantine anything he brought into his home for 48 hours in the garage before carefully bringing it into the living space and thoroughly disinfecting everything before use. I posted a simple “LOL” in reply to that nut, and my post was removed as being “harassment” and “confrontational”. :):

These people were literally afraid that walking out to get the mail would infect them with Covid. It’s just incomprehensible that people in this modern era could be so dumb.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One guy on that guitar forum said he was lucky, because he had an attached garage on his house, and would quarantine anything he brought into his home for 48 hours in the garage before carefully bringing it into the living space and thoroughly disinfecting everything before use. I posted a simple “LOL” in reply to that nut, and my post was removed as being “harassment” and “confrontational”. :):

These people were literally afraid that walking out to get the mail would infect them with Covid. It’s just incomprehensible that people in this modern era could be so dumb.
    Seems like I remember reading similar procedures being described by INGOers early on in the pandemic.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I remember doing some dumb stuff myself, not the least of which was getting vaccinated.
    That was back when the Delta variant was actually killing people and many of the main liars were not commonly known to be liars yet. The odds are good that Delta would have killed me so I did it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Meh. Just consider it a practice trial run for when there really is a deadly virus.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You sure take being lied to by those that purport to be working in the public interest better than I do…
    Yeah, this is why this can happen again and again. Few people are willing to hold people that lied to them accountable. I've heard/read them say "it's time to just move on". I do believe this could have been a trial run...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yup. There were several that were quarantining their groceries and mail :ugh:

I still do that with my mail.

When I get an unwanted bill I don't open the envelope and it goes straight into a biohazard bag for quarantine (actual 40 days or it eventually gets destroyed by fire just to be sure).

When I get a check, or cash, in the mail the procedure is different, it's safe to open those right away I decided.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I still do that with my mail.

When I get an unwanted bill I don't open the envelope and it goes straight into a biohazard bag for quarantine (actual 40 days or it eventually gets destroyed by fire just to be sure).

When I get a check, or cash, in the mail the procedure is different, it's safe to open those right away I decided.
    The logic is undeniable.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    We had stores where they offered a cleaning station thingy to sanitize your groceries before leaving the store.

I think it's over now. And yes it was useless.

I was one of the very first to wear a surgical mask, at the grocery store, at the beginning of the pandemic.
    Before people even made their own with fabric or before we had masks mandates in place.

I had some weird looks from people back then.

Then everybody wore a mask because we had a mandate in place.

Now mandates are over (in most places) but I'm still required to wear a mask at work.
    So it's back to weird looks when I'm one of the very few people who wears a mask when I buy my lunch.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I will not judge those that are at high risk, which the ones I remember saying that said they were.
    Those that were high risk are the ones that we should have made the focus on. Everyone else, not so much. Even then, "high risk" was still a 50/50 chance of it being bad. My wife was/is high risk but made it through fine.

Top Bottom