• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    You know what, I've just read through the responses since my last post, and up until about 1/2 way through them I was going to respond to each one, but I can see its not going to do any good. Pretty much everyone that has responded has their mind made up about my post, and about me. And that's fine....neg rep me, whatever, it really doesn't bother me.

As for those that say I'm a criminal, not fit to carry a gun, etc, you can ask the people from INGO that have met me, I am no criminal. If you want to know where I come from I'll share a bit. I have a Bachelor's degree from Purdue in Landscape Horticulture and Design, and I am working as a bartender to pay for the student loans I accrued through college, as its probably one of the best paying jobs I've had. Before that I was a Purdue football manager, and in high school I umpired girls fastpitch softball and lifeguarded. I'm not really sure what part of that screams criminal to you, but let me know so I am aware of it. Oh yea I was also a boy scout up until the age of 18 (didn't quite get my eagle scout, which I still regreat to this day).

So to all of you that still want to bash me, and try to call me out, I hope you are happy about how you can stoke your e-peen. I was just trying to make a point, and for what its worth I'm pretty sure I did just by the responses I recieved from quite a few [again, read, not all] of you LEOs here. You will forever solidify my point, and my perception.

Thanks for the convo, but I need nothing more from you.

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have had numerous contact with all types of LEO's. When I was young it was because of my driving, but I treated the LEO with respect and never had a negative experience. In the last 10 yrs or so, all my dealings with them were on a different level, usually when we had fires or accident runs, and the majority(NOT all) of the LEO's acted like jerks. I was actually threatened one time at a fire for trying to do my job, the LEO wanted me to do it his way instead of the right way. I had a long talk with the Sheriff after that one, and things did get a little better. I do realize that in my county the LEO's have a tough time since a lot of the time their may only be 1 or 2 deputies on duty for the entire county. In the nearest town to me there is a town marshal that the trustees are just waiting for someone to beat the snot out of him. They have received several complaints about him, but won't take any action saying that when he bullies the wrong guy he'll learn his lesson. I will always treat the law with respect even if the LEO is a bully, but I will report him if he crosses the line.

Fire

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I have seen both sides of the coin. No different than dealing with anyone in our everyday lives. Some good some bad. Either you believe the majority of people are good and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner or you don't. It just seems that those that conduct themselves inappropriately tend to stick out more in daily observation. I personally believe most officers a good hardworking people.
    This situation happened in a bar? If only we all had nickels for every bar room version of events that were morphed by the influence of alcohol and dark lighting we would all be rich.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ruh roh...the po-po... :):

WARN-A-BROTHER.jpg

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    WOW!

You go to sleep and look at what you miss...

You know what I am ashamed at the way some of the people responded to this. Some on here took the chances to just start a character bashing argument right off of an elementary school playground.
    This could have been used as a chance to solidify your stances though educating the masses here about how to handle a situation like an adult. Who is guilty the OP, or the LEO's? I think it is a lot of both. Grow the f*ck up people!

The majority of people in the state do not know who to call when a LEO is acting out like the OP suggested. I would almost venture to say the majority of people will just turn a blind eye to actions like was described for fear of retribution.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You know what, I've just read through the responses since my last post, and up until about 1/2 way through them I was going to respond to each one, but I can see its not going to do any good. Pretty much everyone that has responded has their mind made up about my post, and about me. And that's fine....neg rep me, whatever, it really doesn't bother me.

As for those that say I'm a criminal, not fit to carry a gun, etc, you can ask the people from INGO that have met me, I am no criminal. If you want to know where I come from I'll share a bit. I have a Bachelor's degree from Purdue in Landscape Horticulture and Design, and I am working as a bartender to pay for the student loans I accrued through college, as its probably one of the best paying jobs I've had. Before that I was a Purdue football manager, and in high school I umpired girls fastpitch softball and lifeguarded. I'm not really sure what part of that screams criminal to you, but let me know so I am aware of it. Oh yea I was also a boy scout up until the age of 18 (didn't quite get my eagle scout, which I still regreat to this day).

So to all of you that still want to bash me, and try to call me out, I hope you are happy about how you can stoke your e-peen. I was just trying to make a point, and for what its worth I'm pretty sure I did just by the responses I received from quite a few [again, read, not all] of you LEOs here. You will forever solidify my point, and my perception.

Thanks for the convo, but I need nothing more from you.

aclark, I have not bashed you and have read most all of the posts but your series of replies are troubling to me. You stated a few facts (from your perspective) that you were told (here-say) but did not observe, no corrective or remedial action was taken by you or anyone else at your place of employment. The corrective action that you pursued was to tell this fictional (because it's unconfirmed by anyone that this was an actual police officer) tale on an Internet forum and then reinforce your position to spin your tale of woe is me about all police.

Police officers are NOT all perfect (like me) but they are a subsection of humanity just like any other profession. It's troubling to me that you claim every encounter that you have had with authority has been a negative one. Something is terribly amiss here. If I were you I would either change "MY" attitude or move where I could get a fresh start with different officers.

Right or wrong, police officers are authority figures (I could go into Freud but it's too early) and part of that authoritarian make up is to stand your ground, take the initiative and control the situation. The old adage was to let a sleeping dog lay or not to prod a hornets nest may be good adages to follow.

I believe in Karma and we each are responsible for our own. Take this with a grain of salt or at least read and give it some consideration.

I wish you the best and hope that your future encounters are all perceived as positive by you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom