• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember the government cheese. Yellow and white AMERICAN cheese.old college roommate would bring it down after
    A trip back home.
    Actual good cheese.
    I remember Dad getting government cheese, I think after he retired or turned 65. Somehow or other he was eligible for it and he wasn't one to pass up a freebie. It was pretty good!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I remember Dad getting government cheese, I think after he retired or turned 65. Somehow or other he was eligible for it and he wasn't one to pass up a freebie. It was pretty good!
    I remember govt cheese and honey. A guy I worked for was in charge of distribution for the town of Munster. After everyone who was eligible picked it up he was free to give it away.

The cheese was pretty good but it was supposedly better cat fish bait. The honey was good though.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    A coworker mentioned in conversation that he likes his tuna with peanut butter. :puke:

After my initial reaction, I got to thinking what do I do that someone else would think is gross. So besides putting pineapple on pizza, ;) I do like to put a slice of cheese, usually swiss, on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

So what's your eeww? Or what does someone you know do that makes you :puke:
    Ok so tonight we grilled some tuna, and me and the daughter put some peanut butter on a piece to see what it was all about.

Now it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. It kind of just overpowers the tuna flavor and then it's a weird texture. Not sure why someone would do it more than once.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Cottage cheese
    Canned mushrooms
    Tomato (chunks or slices)
    Garlic bologna
    The wife got me that once, when you expect regular bologna and get garlic it will really mess with you!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cottage cheese
    Canned mushrooms
    Tomato (chunks or slices)
    Garlic bologna
    The wife got me that once, when you expect regular bologna and get garlic it will really mess with you!
    I actually like cottage cheese, but it has to be small curd, not too "wet" and has to be really cold.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    I don't how anyone can eat Blue Cheese dressing or anything Blue Cheese. To me it smells like puke and although I've never ate puke, I'm sure that's what BC taste like. Seriously makes me want to puke just smelling it. Good God that sh**'s nasty. Id rather eat DBP. Now there's an acronym for ya.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't how anyone can eat Blue Cheese dressing or anything Blue Cheese. To me it smells like puke and although I've never ate puke, I'm sure that's what BC taste like. Seriously makes me want to puke just smelling it. Good God that sh**'s nasty. Id rather eat DBP. Now there's an acronym for ya.
    Dad always crumbled bleu cheese on his salads when I was a kid and I would have agreed with your assessment back then (although I though it smelled more like dirty feet). :): But now I like it. I usually mix BC dressing and French dressing on my salads and I love dipping my hot wings in BC dressing. I like crumbled BC on blackened burgers too. Funny how our tastes can change over the years.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I actually like cottage cheese, but it has to be small curd, not too "wet" and has to be really cold.
    Tell me you don't like cottage cheese, without telling me you don't like cottage cheese. :):

A good Blue Cheese dressing, can't be beat. Some of it does taste like puke, and smell like feet, but so does broccoli.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Tell me you don't like cottage cheese, without telling me you don't like cottage cheese. :):

A good Blue Cheese dressing, can't be beat. Some of it does taste like puke, and smell like feet, but so does broccoli.
    Well, with cottage cheese, I like the stuff I get from Aldi because it's "dryer" than the stuff from Kroger. I like it with pineapple or peaches too.

I love broccoli, and brussels sprouts now too, although I hated them as a kid. I like tomatoes (locally grown, not hothouse) on a BLT, but can't stand them plain, although my mom used to tell me that I would go out into the garden and eat them off the vine when I was a kid. Like I said, it's weird how our tastes change.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well, with cottage cheese, I like the stuff I get from Aldi because it's "dryer" than the stuff from Kroger. I like it with pineapple or peaches too.

I love broccoli, and brussels sprouts now too, although I hated them as a kid. I like tomatoes (locally grown, not hothouse) on a BLT, but can't stand them plain, although my mom used to tell me that I would go out into the garden and eat them off the vine when I was a kid. Like I said, it's weird how our tastes change.
    Yum, cottage cheese with pineapple or peaches is delicious.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble

You had to say Pineapple, didn't you?
    I like it with various fruits as well. With Pineapple, it has to be fresh, ripe, and sweet.

I like raw Tomatoes, but don't care for them cooked. Speaking of BLT's, I picked up 6-1/2lbs of bacon today.

Our taste does change with age. I never liked onions as a kid, but I put them in and on almost everything now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You had to say Pineapple, didn't you?
    I like it with various fruits as well. With Pineapple, it has to be fresh, ripe, and sweet.

I like raw Tomatoes, but don't care for them cooked. Speaking of BLT's, I picked up 6-1/2lbs of bacon today.

Our taste just change with age. I never liked onions as a kid, but I put them in and on almost everything now.
    Pineapple and cottage cheese is an acceptable use of pineapple! :): But I usually use the canned stuff for cottage cheese, although really ripe fresh is delicious as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To me, the canned stuff tastes like the can.
    Depends on the brand and how it's packed I think (heavy syrup vs. juice only). Fresh is better for sure, but living in Indiana we're at the mercy of imports. I've heard that Hawaiian (or South American) pineapple in those places is head and shoulders above what we get here.

Top Bottom