mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Things aren't looking good with the MIL. When we were there yesterday, she hasn't eaten in 3 days. Just refusing to eat.

Wife is going back over today to readmit her to local hospital. She is showing signs of dehydration and needs IV fluids & antibiotics. (She has a UTI also)

It's tough to see it, but she is 90, not recovering well from her stroke last fall and just giving up.

She is now on my prayer list too, Sam. It is hard to see our parents age and decline.

It is hard to see I am sure.
    I have seen the elderly just give up. They have outlived friends and family. For the most part alone in the world except for some visits by the few left that do care. I understand when they decide to let it go.

Prayers to you all Sam.

This is where the neighbor is that I visit every other day. She has her kids/grandkids that live nearby but she feels they have their lives and are busy....sometimes too busy for her. They do check on her, but she has watched all of the people in her neighborhood, siblings, friends, etc. all dying off and it has been hard for her. She often comments about being the last one and how hard that is. We discuss all too often that life goes by much too fast and how important it is to enjoy it! She discusses things with me that her daughter does not want to hear or discuss. I have found it to be helpful hearing her views so I don't overreact when my parents make similar comments.

Coffee pot just stopped brewing....more coffee coming up! :coffee::coffee:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She is now on my prayer list too, Sam. It is hard to see our parents age and decline.

This is where the neighbor is that I visit every other day. She has her kids/grandkids that live nearby but she feels they have their lives and are busy....sometimes too busy for her. They do check on her, but she has watched all of the people in her neighborhood, siblings, friends, etc. all dying off and it has been hard for her. She often comments about being the last one and how hard that is. We discuss all too often that life goes by much too fast and how important it is to enjoy it! She discusses things with me that her daughter does not want to hear or discuss. I have found it to be helpful hearing her views so I don't overreact when my parents make similar comments.

Coffee pot just stopped brewing....more coffee coming up! :coffee::coffee:

For these reasons I have taken time to change my attitude. I look at everything differently. I will spend the time with family. I will not let the stupid :poop: ruin my day anymore. I will not be that angry guy anymore.
    Time is important. How I spend that time is important to not only me but my family.
    As that time draws closer I will have enough positive to keep me rolling until I just can not roll anymore.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    For these reasons I have taken time to change my attitude. I look at everything differently. I will spend the time with family. I will not let the stupid :poop: ruin my day anymore. I will not be that angry guy anymore.
    Time is important. How I spend that time is important to not only me but my family.
    As that time draws closer I will have enough positive to keep me rolling until I just can not roll anymore.

Family is everything. :+1:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Yep, attitude is everything. MIL was very active and strong before her stroke last fall. She worked to recover after the stroke but had several setbacks. I think she has decided that she is not going to fully recover and is just giving up. I understand it completely. I think she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life just sitting in her recliner and crapping in diapers. Not much of a quality of life there...

It's sad to see anyone go, but she is ready...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yep, attitude is everything. MIL was very active and strong before her stroke last fall. She worked to recover after the stroke but had several setbacks. I think she has decided that she is not going to fully recover and is just giving up. I understand it completely. I think she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life just sitting in her recliner and crapping in diapers. Not much of a quality of life there...

It is hard, but when they have lived that long, it is a bit easier to let them go. My grandma was 93 when she passed. She was pretty healthy until four days before she passed. She was living with my aunt because she had to have someone help with bathing, cook for her, oversee her meds, etc. She had a stroke on Mother's day. She had a more severe stroke after she got to the hospital and was not conscious after that....passed a few days later. We all got the chance to go to the hospital and say our goodbyes before we lost her. The neighbor lady keeps telling me she is 80 and has had a good life. She has watched her kids grow into contributing members of society, has traveled, outlived her husband, etc. She is ready when God decides he is ready for her. I understand and can respect that. I have gotten pretty attached to her so it will be hard whenever it happens, but I understand it. Same with my parents.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd better go see if my mower(s) will start. They need serviced and I need to wash the camper. Off to it. Have a great day all!

When we spent 6 years racing I fell so far behind in my chores/maintenance of the property's. We had the rentals and a 2 car race team. Never a free moment. We ran every scheduled race at our home track in the points chase and several events just to be there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You will all be in our thoughts Sam.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom