• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    After thinking about the White House having an opinion on Meghan and Harry...

If I was president I'd say they're a nice looking couple and I look forwards to sharing the White House shooting range and my personal arms with them.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I think the little tyke will get a title when Charles becomes King.Ginger is not in the direct line yet, his OLDER brother is.Till then,momma's wannabee prince is just another Windsor.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    The royal family of recent has a big and on record problem with getting in the middle of marriages and ruining lives.

If I was Harry and what he alleges is true there would have been a London tea party.

It honestly blows my mind. The whole King Edward VIII being made to leave, how? You're the freaking King of England. Your face is on money. Who the hell has the power to tell you what to do?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The royal family of recent has a big and on record problem with getting in the middle of marriages and ruining lives.

If I was Harry and what he alleges is true there would have been a London tea party.

It honestly blows my mind. The whole King Edward VIII being made to leave, how? You're the freaking King of England. Your face is on money. Who the hell has the power to tell you what to do?

figurehead​

[ fig-yer-hed ]

See synonyms for figurehead on Thesaurus.com

noun​

a person who is head of a group, company, etc., in title but actually has no real authority or responsibility: Most modern kings and queens are figureheads.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    That makes her different from any other entitled celebrity or royal how? Look, she might be a bottom feeder, but if her account is true, and I haven’t seen anyone say it isn’t, then there’s some valid complaints.
    Sure, I get wondering about the skin tone of a coming b/w bi-racial child. But it that isn’t a conversation you want to verbalize to the parents, unless you want to get punched in the nose. So that’s a pretty significant f-up.
    That's not even close to a universal truth. Skin tone among blacks is a pretty common topic of conversation. I have a mixed race daughter, and we openly discuss her skin tone and the skin tone of her children. Open conversations without any racial bias is pretty common in mixed race families. Heck, it's even good-naturedly joked about sometimes. Of course, when people are looking for things to be offended about, the topic will be taboo. I didn't raise my kids to be looking for things to be offended about, though.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    That's not even close to a universal truth. Skin tone among blacks is a pretty common topic of conversation. I have a mixed race daughter, and we openly discuss her skin tone and the skin tone of her children. Open conversations without any racial bias is pretty common in mixed race families. Heck, it's even good-naturedly joked about sometimes. Of course, when people are looking for things to be offended about, the topic will be taboo. I didn't raise my kids to be looking for things to be offended about, though.
    I think theres a difference between simple curiosity, and how it'll make the royal family look which was heavily implied in the interview.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I think theres a difference between simple curiosity, and how it'll make the royal family look which was heavily implied in the interview.
    That topic also arises amongst us commoners when skin tones are involved. I don't want to go much deeper into THAT issue, but a lot of men, regardless of race, expect that their children will look like them, and when they don't it can cause issues with how it reflects on them and their family.

It's not an issue that is uncommon, or solely attributable to the British royals.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I haven't been following this. I guess I didn't know she was bi-racial, don't care what her skin tone is just seemed like a spoiled kid.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From 1775-1781 a rag-tag group of freedom loving Colonists went to war against the most powerful empire on Earth, and won. Of the many things they did for us, giving us the right to not give a **** about the royal family definitely makes the list.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    From 1775-1781 a rag-tag group of freedom loving Colonists went to war against the most powerful empire on Earth, and won. Of the many things they did for us, giving us the right to not give a **** about the royal family definitely makes the list.
    And yet, our government has become akin to royalty without the royal titles. They exempt themselves, their families, and their minions from the edicts they apply to us simple citizens, they enrich themselves through corruption, they engage in foolish legislation to gain favor from powerful special interest groups, they tax us unmercifully and waste the money they take from us, and they go to work daily looking for ways to further subjugate us to their power.

So tell me, what has really changed? We have freed ourselves from an overseas oppressive regime and allowed a domestic one gain the power to rule us.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    That topic also arises amongst us commoners when skin tones are involved. I don't want to go much deeper into THAT issue, but a lot of men, regardless of race, expect that their children will look like them, and when they don't it can cause issues with how it reflects on them and their family.

It's not an issue that is uncommon, or solely attributable to the British royals.
    I never said it was limited to the royal family.

This is a thread about the royals, which is why i was talking about them.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I never said it was limited to the royal family.

This is a thread about the royals, which is why i was talking about them.
    I was just emphasizing that this type of discussion is not limited to the royal family, and should not be considered a scandalous or unusual conversation. It's a tempest in a teapot.

It's a non-issue that some people are trying to turn into an issue.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    None, he was banned from being interviewed, and exiled from the UK unless he has the king’s permission to return.
    So, did he go on Ed Sullivan (or whatever) and cry about how they were mean to him? There is a huge difference between Edward and Andrew. I don't recall Wallis leading him around by the short hairs, either

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    A firearm forum siding with a family that actively tried to stop our country's Independence, would've forced some of the strictest gun laws on us if we had not prevailed and trashing the lone American in it all. Interesting.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A firearm forum siding with a family that actively tried to stop our country's Independence, would've forced some of the strictest gun laws on us if we had not prevailed and trashing the lone American in it all. Interesting.
    They've been quite good chaps since then, though; except for that burning the white house thing, of course

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    What??? Are you trying for a Cathy Newman award???

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

I hope you're not trying to hold her up as the kind of person that should be defended as some sort of archetype of a typical American. She is not. She punani-whipped Harry, and is trying, as a foreigner, to disrupt the monarchy of a foreign-to-her country.

While I may not agree with the concept of a monarchy, I certainly support it as a concept for foreign nationals. If they want it, let them have it. Let's not meddle in the affairs of nations who want that.

She has buyer's remorse. She's a perfect example of the "entitled American".

Please don't try to put her on a pedestal because of the place of her birth. It cheapens the rest of us.

Top Bottom