• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Piers Morgan investigated for "harm and offense rules".

This is the kind of crap being pushed in the U.S. now.
    I never used to care for Piers Morgan, but the more I hear from him, the more he grows on me. Seems like he's becoming more and more "unwoke".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not to derail yet another thread, but I do have a serious question. What are these peoples last names? Prince this, queen that, but what are their last names? I tried an internet search and it lead to no useful information.
    Windsor is the official last name of the Royal Family. It had been Hannover until World War I and changed to a non-German name for political reasons. For the same reason, Prince Louis of Battenburg changed his family's name to Mountbatten which has endured in English aristocracy. Prince William's children are surnames Mountbatten-Windsor derived from both the Royal family name and the fact that grandpa, Prince Phillip, the Queen's husband is a Mountbatten.

On a similar note, Prince Harry giving Archie the surname Harrison was a huge slap in the face to the family.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He's still very anti-gun
    Last time I heard him mention them, it seemed like he'd even kind of softened his stance on that too. Kinda like, he doesn't like them personally but like he was starting to see why people would want to have them. I may be mistaken, but that's what I seem to recall, because I remember being surprised by it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not to derail yet another thread, but I do have a serious question. What are these peoples last names? Prince this, queen that, but what are their last names? I tried an internet search and it lead to no useful information.
    https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-name
    In 1917, there was a radical change, when George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the 'House' or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family. The family name was changed as a result of anti-German feeling during the First World War, and the name Windsor was adopted after the Castle of the same name.

At a meeting of the Privy Council on 17 July 1917, George V declared that 'all descendants in the male line of Queen Victoria, who are subjects of these realms, other than female descendants who marry or who have married, shall bear the name of Windsor'.

The Royal Family name of Windsor was confirmed by The Queen after her accession in 1952. However, in 1960, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh decided that they would like their own direct descendants to be distinguished from the rest of the Royal Family (without changing the name of the Royal House), as Windsor is the surname used by all the male and unmarried female descendants of George V.

It was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor.

This reflected Prince Philip's surname. In 1947, when Prince Philip of Greece became naturalised, he assumed the name of Philip Mountbatten as a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy.

The effect of the declaration was that all The Queen's children, on occasions when they needed a surname, would have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Your attempt at deflection is noted. And Trump is indeed a crass ass. I would much prefer to have voted for someone more presentable, who represented the correct policies. The GOP, LP, and DP just haven't given me that option. Yet. I am hopeful. (Somewhat).

But back to Meghan. If she were taking some kind of principled position against Privilege, and seemed in the least reflective about her own involvement in it, it would be a lot easier to take her seriously. But she's not doing that - she's just mad she's not getting her fair share. She knowingly married into civilization's archetypical Cradle of Privilege. Then - and only then - when she didn't feel like she was getting her fair share, she talked to her agent, copped a tude, and played the race-card.

I have to wonder if the off-color remark really even happened, the way she said it did. Oprah might not have even interviewed her, without that salacious bit. And I suspect she knew that. It is the classic example of an un-refutable claim, as long as you don't name names, which she didn't. It is obvious from the interview that the lack of a title for Archie is what really frosted her, and I wonder if she felt she needed "something else" to legitimize this and make it "justice-worthy."

Aw hell No. This interview didn't take courage. "Naming names?" Now _that_ would have taken courage. But it would have also offered the public the possibility of getting the other side of events. I understand there are "reasons" for not wanting to do that. But that's why it takes courage. Because without that, this is nothing but a payoff.
    No deflecting just pointing out the double standard.
    So in one post it’s a plantation, an element of the periodic table with all its properties known and its her fault for being there, the next you wonder if it really happened? Did the properties change?
    You can see all the tabloids and how much differently they treated Meghan versus how they treated Kate.

You said Meghan was trash, how? She wasnt trash before marrying Harry. Now she's trash. What changed and how do you know. Every move she made was made for her by the royal family or with the family's knowledge.

Is it surprising that Harry doesnt want to call his father, brother, or whomever a racist on television? You are disputing Harry's claims, so how do you know his are wrong and yours are right? Its amazing to me how everyone here is an expert and can dispute the claims of someone who has lived in the royal family their entire life.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No deflecting just pointing out the double standard.

Its amazing to me how many people on here are personal friends with Meghan and know the complete in's and out's of her personal life.
    While we're on the subject of double standards, are you a personal friend of the royal family and know the complete ins and outs of their personal life?

Because you certainly are ready to believe them to be racists without the tiniest vestage of proof beyond the unsupported fact-free allegations of a self-centered, manipulative, gold-digging showbiz 'personality'

I think 'double standard' means one set of standards for one group relative to different standards for another, substantially similar group, yes?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Why do you discuss the skin tone of your daughter and her children? To what purpose or intent.

Someone who lives with this issue of race all the time offers a perspective as they see it. Another point of view and you ask why?
    Methinks you wish to stir the pot a little more but what do I know.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...You can see all the tabloids and how much differently they treated Meghan versus how they treated Kate..
    Perhaps they don't think Kate's trash.
    You said Meghan was trash, how? She wasnt trash before marrying Harry. Now she's trash. What changed and how do you know...
    Who said she changed?

Leave-Britney-Alone.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Someone who lives with this issue of race all the time offers a perspective as they see it. Another point of view and you ask why?
    Methinks you wish to stir the pot a little more but what do I know.
    I’ll add, someone who believes he is speaking as an authority on the subject. If he knows as much as he leading us to believe, then he would know the connotation associated, with skin color, and why it is certainly a tenuous subject to bring up. So does he? I’d like to hear his response. The question I asked is comparative, and hints at the exact same notion. Is it offensive to ask how round/slanted a biracial Asian/White child’s eyes will be? If you understand what the two instances are similar, then this conversation is beyond you.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I’ll add, someone who believes he is speaking as an authority on the subject. If he knows as much as he leading us to believe, then he would know the connotation associated, with skin color, and why it is certainly a tenuous subject to bring up. So does he? I’d like to hear his response. The question I asked is comparative, and hints at the exact same notion. Is it offensive to ask how round/slanted a biracial Asian/White child’s eyes will be? If you understand what the two instances are similar, then this conversation is beyond you.

I bow before your all encompassing knowledge of what and how I think.
    Yeah, purple intended.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I bow before your all encompassing knowledge of what and how I think.
    Yeah, purple intended.
    I wasn’t questioning how you think, I was questioning what you know. Since you made it obvious that you deferred to personal experience of another member, it fair to ask how much you actually do know. If you think you can answers I posed to someone else, give it a shot.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I wasn’t questioning how you think, I was questioning what you know. Since you made it obvious that you deferred to personal experience of another member, it fair to ask how much you actually do know. If you think you can answers I posed to someone else, give it a shot.

Fair enough. I know several mixed race families well enough that this discussion has occurred. While I don't know all instances in the general population I do know that this discussion made some things very apparent to me that I had not considered until discussions occured. I was also around when these discussions happened with others. Most involved learned something new. Many very interesting discussions came about. A person's race or skin color means nothing to me. Attitude does.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The indicated part makes absolutely no sense, and detracts from following the point you are making

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Harry is getting a Job!

So far as I can tell it will similar to the university vice-presidents who serve as glorified panhandle as opposed to carrying out administrative responsibilities, but ut seems he finally found a way to trade on his family without breaking British law.

Screenshot_20210324-044756_BBC News.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Anytime somebody's title begins with "chief" and ends with "officer," it's a sure clue they're worthless AF.

...in other words, it's a perfect fit for a royal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anytime somebody's title begins with "chief" and ends with "officer," it's a sure clue they're worthless AF.

...in other words, it's a perfect fit for a royal.
    Maybe “technically” worthless, but certainly not worthless. A royal face will do wonders for branding exposure.

Top Bottom