Uranus
    heart-attack.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    LOL. I gave you a heart attack Print? Is it fatal or is it just gas from that double decker tenderloin you ate?

Hey, I lived 1/2 of my life out west. I'm no environmentalist, but I like that we have some wilderness areas and parks. You should have seen Yosemite or Yellowstone back in the 60's. Hardly any people. Magnificent.

The one thing I couldn't stand were ranchers who thought the land they leased from the Feds was theirs. It's OURS.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I love it, at least the bears ears part - I figured one of the worst things Obama could do for bears ears was turn it into a national monument, like putting a bullseye on it. People were saying, oh never heard of that place, we'll have to go. I was out there before the designation and liked it just fine the way it was. I prefer Bureau of Land Management and National Forest to the Park Service most of the time. And now that the fees are going up for some national parks this news is even better. If it's not a park property and is kept in a less developed condition, no need to recoup any of that infrastructure and development money you won't need to spend.

As for Escalante - it's been so long since I was there I'm not as familiar with the change. I'm not very concerned though, the other federal agencies can manage the land as well as the park service can.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I love it, at least the bears ears part - I figured one of the worst things Obama could do for bears ears was turn it into a national monument, like putting a bullseye on it. People were saying, oh never heard of that place, we'll have to go. I was out there before the designation and liked it just fine the way it was. I prefer Bureau of Land Management and National Forest to the Park Service most of the time. And now that the fees are going up for some national parks this news is even better. If it's not a park property and is kept in a less developed condition, no need to recoup any of that infrastructure and development money you won't need to spend.

As for Escalante - it's been so long since I was there I'm not as familiar with the change. I'm not very concerned though, the other federal agencies can manage the land as well as the park service can.

So are they really cutting the protected area by 85%? I saw that just in passing and haven't had a chance to look it up yet.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    So are they really cutting the protected area by 85%? I saw that just in passing and haven't had a chance to look it up yet.

I read online that supposedly 85% for bears ears, and 50% for escalante-grand staircase. I won't say much about escalante because it's been around since enacted by Clinton. That's going back a lot further than the recent bears ears.

For bears ears, it sounds bad when you think of 85% reduction in "protection" - but from my viewpoint it's still a 15% increase from what it was when I was there. It's kind of a game - all the land was protected originally. Then they tell BLM and USFS - okay guys we're going to take away some of your land and give it to NPS. Now Trump is saying - hey BLM/USFS you get (most of) your land back. I visited some very sensitive sites out there such as a the moon house managed by BLM and the doll house managed by USFS. Really, they are protecting the resource - moon house even has a visitation limit by permit, and then you have to know how to find it, they don't advertise. It's not like it's been a free-for-all out there until the NPS comes in to save the day.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LOL. I gave you a heart attack Print? Is it fatal or is it just gas from that double decker tenderloin you ate?

Hey, I lived 1/2 of my life out west. I'm no environmentalist, but I like that we have some wilderness areas and parks. You should have seen Yosemite or Yellowstone back in the 60's. Hardly any people. Magnificent.

The one thing I couldn't stand were ranchers who thought the land they leased from the Feds was theirs. It's OURS.

I went to Yellowstone last year. BIG mistake. I had a feeling we should have just gone four wheeling. We rationalized. we cant be this close and not see Yellowstone. So we did it. It sucked. ****ing cattle. The tourists. I also discovered Japanese tourists can’t drive. Especially not large recreational vehicles. We saw three accidents while we were there. They were all Japanese. Go figure. The recreational vehicle one was actually quite funny though. Almost worth the traffic jam it caused.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A number of years back, a Japanese tourist was taking pics of a reclining bison. He wanted Mr. Bison to stand up for a picture, so he kicked him HARD!

The Bison got up and stomped the guy to death.

I wish I had a pic of that one. I'm sure someone in that tourist's entourage has one. :)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Considering the decades of failure of the "peace process", what incentive is there to continue preemptively give in to Palestinian demands? Failure to honestly negotiate should have consequences.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Considering the decades of failure of the "peace process", what incentive is there to continue preemptively give in to Palestinian demands? Failure to honestly negotiate should have consequences.

Exactly. That's why we're going to formally recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Palestinians claim the western wall. Laughable.

[video=youtube;VrRcM6XAeSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRcM6XAeSM[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If you're speaking of the dynamic between Israel and the Palestinians, and it was confined to those two parties, I'd agree. If Trump recognizes Jerusalem as the capital, he's going to **** off the collective middle east. I'm not talking about just places like Iran or Syria, but Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc. It would be a move that would undoubtedly needlessly put lives at risk. The negatives FAR outweighs the benefits, IMO.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It makes people's actual positions crystal clear. The idea that Arab countries get to determine where Israel's capital is means that they have never been serious about an honest peace process. This move smokes out the liars both on the world stage and within the US. When they want to claim that this kills the peace process, they are displaying that they would never accept the existence of Israel, only that they continue to play for time to genocide the Jewish state.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Palestinians pay a pension to family members of those who kill Israelis. How do you negotiate with that? You defeat it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Authority_Martyrs_Fund

In 2017, half of the $693 million that the PA receives as foreign aid, $345 million, was paid out as stipends to convicted terrorists and their families.[SUP][14[/SUP]

And knowing that Obama sent them $221 million at the last minute. Anti-Semite jerk.

https://www.apnews.com/b8446cbf5b504b1abaf49eb0d646367b

re-establish Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and make the Arab world accept it. Or lob a few missiles into our embassy and see what we do

don't worry world, America is America again

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    re-establish Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and make the Arab world accept it.

The Israeli Knesset, Supreme Court, Prime Ministers office are all located there. This is merely Trump having the backbone to say that the US will have it's embassy in the capital of this country as we do in others. It is a recognition of the reality that Israel exists and that fact is not up for debate.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I think .gov has severely hindered western states ability to use their own land by arbitrarily making these huge pieces of their state into federal protected land. Obama did it in his last weeks in office. As the true pansy he is. The Feds control too much of everything. The less they have, the better.

and we need to eliminate the Indian reservations. They are a massive hindrance to their success. You think urban blacks have it tough, go check out statistics on a reservation.

Top Bottom