• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Don't currently have one, but it wouldn't be someone as basically ignorant, delusional and misinformed as Carson.

Can anyone prove he is wrong?
    Why do you think they call the pyramids a "Mystery".
    Why is it that professors, archaeologists and historians have been pushing this theory for years but when Carson decides to agree with it, he's labeled as the idiot. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is it that professors, archaeologists and historians have been pushing this theory for years but when Carson decides to agree with it, he's labeled as the idiot. :dunno:

I think the mystery is more of how they were built given the technology at the time. Probably they just threw manpower at them. But why they were built doesn't seem all that mysterious. Rather than storage for grain, weren't many of them tombs?

I don't care what Dr. Carson believes. I don't care if he thinks the earth is 6K or 7K years old. I don't care if he thinks everything was created in 6 literal days. Our nation faces problems, the solutions for which don't depend on answers to those particular questions. And it's silly to say it does. Some INGOers like to think a religious belief makes a person an idiot. I'd like to see if MRJ's peers think as highly of him as Dr. Carson's non-religious colleagues think of him.

I care more about a candidate's understanding of where the nation is, and vision of where it should be, and plans for how to get there, and competence in executing the plan. Those are the important questions. I don't need to pretend that answers to irrelevant questions disqualify him. Just because I don't believe in divine causes doesn't mean I must hate or be afraid of religious people who do.

I've given reasons before why I don't support Carson in the primaries. I'm just not sure his administrative skills as surgeon translate to the administrative skills he needs as the POTUS. But if he did win the nomination, as I said, he's better than the alternative.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah...archaeology may not be Carson's strong suit. I find some of the things 7th Day Adventists do and believe to be odd. I find Carson's Constitutional reverence to be...a work in progress. But all that being said, I'd still take him, any day, with what I know of him now, over any of the present, past, and likely candidates any of the other parties have or are likely to put up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good thing it's unlikely that he'd have any legislation or influence that is "pyramid-related" as President.

Would still vote for him over Sanders/Clinton/Trump.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

The "they" who call the pyramids a mystery? You seem to say that with some authority. Cite your sources.

A solid pyramid is a very inefficient container for the "storage" of anything except stone.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The "they" who call the pyramids a mystery? You seem to say that with some authority. Cite your sources.

A solid pyramid is a very inefficient container for the "storage" of anything except stone.

Here's one of many sites out there.

https://josephandisraelinegypt.wordpress.com/tag/first-pyramid/

You have to cut through all the latest stuff to search now because of the new, yet years old, "breaking" Carson reports. :rolleyes:
    I remember hearing about this theory in college but seriously, it's the pyramids so, I don't really care if it's true or not. Got no interest in them at all.

Were there tombs is some? I don't know. Who cares, really? :dunno:
    I just think it's sad that all the Carson hates are going with this "NEW" story to try and make him look bad. It doesn't work. It just makes them look stupid. Is this really all they have on him? Silly....

The pyramids have always been a mystery-
    Let me google that for you

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Here's one of many sites out there.

Were there tombs is some? I don't know. Who cares, really? :dunno:

Well, archaeologists, for one. Those interested in the timeline of civilization. People interested in the links between discoverable fact and biblical tales. So, other than you, I'd say there are a lot of people interested in what the truthiness of the pyramids is all about.

As to whether it's an old story or not...I tend to discount tales told at O:beer 30. This does not appear to be of that genre. Run for president, your life is an open wound.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I want to vote for your candidate. Who is that going to be?

Don't know who my candidate will be yet. Won't be any of the turds in the gop, though. You guys have a whole slate of douche and turds. And you're seemingly happy with it. You folks are going to blissfully line up behind whatever knot head in this group shakes out and hand the election to the dems. All because you love tinfoil and jeebus. Keep deflecting, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom