• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Recently heard about a squabble at a campground, one camper was hooked up to the 50a charging his EV, other campers took exception to that because they believe camp rates will rise to cover increased electric usage to charge vehicles.

Another issue is folks visiting and wanting to plug in while they visit your home. I would not ask you for gas from your cans to get home why is it ok to ask for my electricity?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Recently heard about a squabble at a campground, one camper was hooked up to the 50a charging his EV, other campers took exception to that because they believe camp rates will rise to cover increased electric usage to charge vehicles.

Another issue is folks visiting and wanting to plug in while they visit your home. I would not ask you for gas from your cans to get home why is it ok to ask for my electricity?
    The range I frequent recently disabled the outdoor 110 because some members were charging their cars while shooting. I mean, WTF, that to me is akin to siphoning gas out of my car.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The range I frequent recently disabled the outdoor 110 because some members were charging their cars while shooting. I mean, WTF, that to me is akin to siphoning gas out of my car.
    Where does this entitlement attitude come from that one can just plug into any outdoor outlet to charge their EV? Saw a car in an office parking lot plugged into the outlet for Christmas lights in the landscaping, don’t know if they had permission…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Where does this entitlement attitude come from that one can just plug into any outdoor outlet to charge their EV? Saw a car in an office parking lot plugged into the outlet for Christmas lights in the landscaping, don’t know if they had permission…
    Some places (like my employer) have public charging stations. The plant is a little off the beaten path so we don’t get a lot of public chargers—but I hear we have gotten them. I’m guessing people get accustomed to being able to opportunity charge at places like my plant and other public places it creates the expectation that they can do it anywhere.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Are you paying for gas and diesel tanks at my house? Why the heck am I subsidizing your electric car charging.
    You aren't. Neither is that guy subsidizing that electricity. Those people are simply paying a flat rate for off peak power. That doesn't mean anyone else is paying for part of the rate. Unless he can show that FPL is actually losing money on supplying that power of course. I doubt seriously they are doing that.

Looks like FPL has a .122/kwh rate. That is equal to 254 kwhs for the $31. I would lose on that deal, as I am sure many other people would. That would be around 700 miles a month of driving for me, which I do not generally come close to. I probably get lower miles/kwh hour than most EV drivers too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bioweapon Defense Mode- ON :)
    iu

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Works well for allergens, canadian forest fires, and coal rollers...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Works well for allergens, canadian forest fires, and coal rollers...
    This will upset the chemtrail believers that also hate EVs.

:):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Reuters pointed out that the Dutch coastguard said the fire's origin is unknown, but Dutch broadcaster RTL said emergency responders were heard saying, "The fire started in the battery of an electric car."

The fire broke out late Tuesday night on board the vessel. Coastguard officials said the fire "could still burn for days." The latest known position of the ship was off the northern Dutch coast on Wednesday.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Reuters pointed out that the Dutch coastguard said the fire's origin is unknown, but Dutch broadcaster RTL said emergency responders were heard saying, "The fire started in the battery of an electric car."

The fire broke out late Tuesday night on board the vessel. Coastguard officials said the fire "could still burn for days." The latest known position of the ship was off the northern Dutch coast on Wednesday.
    Oh come on. I'm sure that ICE vehicles spontaneously burst into flames and set ships on fire too!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

How many people have asked for your electricity?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    How many people have asked for your electricity?
    Before I bought my (ICE) Stinger, I strongly considered the Kia EV6. My Stinger is fast, but not as fast as that dual motor EV6 was! In any case, I'd never even consider bumming free electricity from friends nor family unless there was some sort of quid pro quo of me buying the beer or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Several at my office, and places I go to recreationally. Not at my home because I don’t have anyone I invite to my home that own one and or would ask…

Then do you know how to say no? A good “go **** yourself” should work well in this situation.

But I think it’s on the absurd spectrum to blame the EV’s for the people’s behavior. It’s also a perception that electricity is cheap to the point of being free.

Anyway if you want to be softer on them tell them you’ll only charge them $.50 per KWH if they really need to charge. Or maybe they can work it off. You let them charge, and they mow your lawn. Wash your car.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then do you know how to say no? A good “go **** yourself” should work well in this situation.

But I think it’s on the absurd spectrum to blame the EV’s for the people’s behavior. It’s also a perception that electricity is cheap to the point of being free.

Anyway if you want to be softer on them tell them you’ll only charge them $.50 per KWH if they really need to charge. Or maybe they can work it off. You let them charge, and they mow your lawn. Wash your car.
    My post WAS about people’s behavior. The behavior of smug entitled EV owners is a primary sub-topic in this thread…

Top Bottom