• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So losses each year. How much longer can they push EV's without our tax $$ to prop them up?

Ford also shared that it had lost $1.1 billion before interest and taxes on its electric vehicle business during the second quarter. The figure is over twice as much as the previous year’s losses.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My post WAS about people’s behavior. The behavior of smug entitled EV owners is a primary sub-topic in this thread…

People's behavior. You're talking like this is an extraordinarily common practice for EV owners. Maybe it's just that the ones that ask to plug in are just assholes, who happen to own EV's.

Or, are they actually entitled assholes? Or is it just perception? I mean. Seriously. Was it actually one person that asked one time? Only like 4% of Americans own one. Seems kinda odd that the assholes who own EV's are all at your place.

Was it that for whatever reason they were short on power? I mean. If a friend or relative came over, and ran out of gas, of course I'd help them. Once. You make a habit of running out of gas while at my place you've already spent your benefit of doubt.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    People's behavior. You're talking like this is an extraordinarily common practice for EV owners. Maybe it's just that the ones that ask to plug in are just assholes, who happen to own EV's.

Or, are they actually entitled assholes? Or is it just perception? I mean. Seriously. Was it actually one person that asked one time? Only like 4% of Americans own one. Seems kinda odd that the assholes who own EV's are all at your place.

Was it that for whatever reason they were short on power? I mean. If a friend or relative came over, and ran out of gas, of course I'd help them. Once. You make a habit of running out of gas while at my place you've already spent your benefit of doubt.
    BINGO! In a long life of not a single friend has asking for gas. That it seems commonplace for EV owners to ask for a plug is extraordinary it is not an normal request…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BINGO! In a long life of not a single friend has asking for gas. That it seems commonplace for EV owners to ask for a plug is extraordinary it is not an normal request…

It would help me understand the problem if you'd be more forthcoming. All I know is that several people with EV's are asking to charge their cars at your office and at recreational places. How many is several? Are they asking you personally to use electricity you are paying for? Is it your place of business? Is it your recreational facility and did you invite them? In what context are they asking? Are they asking as a perk of employment? Are they asking for it as a feature of the recreational place?

Could it be that the nature of EV's just bring out the nature of humans? What I mean by that, it takes 5-10 minutes to fill up a gas tank. It takes way longer to charge an EV especially on house voltage. Charging stations are much scarcer. That's a drawback of EV's. It's an evolving eco-system.

Some employers provide charging stations as a perk of employment. Some recreational places offer charging stations for the convenience of the patrons. Are you mistaking this as people acting entitled?

Maybe you're judging a little too harshly. Without more information I have no way to judge your complaint. But, assuming that people are acting entitled, that they're asking you personally to use electricity you're paying for, without any offer of compensation, they're entitled assholes to begin with and it has nothing to do with owning an EV.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So losses each year. How much longer can they push EV's without our tax $$ to prop them up?

Ford also shared that it had lost $1.1 billion before interest and taxes on its electric vehicle business during the second quarter. The figure is over twice as much as the previous year’s losses.

Just to state the obvious, the problem is that car manufacturers, to fulfill the E part of their ESG commitments, are pushing production of EV's far beyond the demand. There is an organic demand for EV's. But it's not nearly has high as the demand synthesized by global warming alarmists and even then is much less than the supply.

When corporate executives are judged by their ESG score, and not by shareholders wanting profits, you can continue losing money making cars no one is buying with impunity.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Driver Chad from Los Angeles,
    If push came to shove, Chad said, he figured he’d be able to plug the car into a standard 120-volt outlet in someone’s garage, even though charging that way would have taken days.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    It would help me understand the problem if you'd be more forthcoming. All I know is that several people with EV's are asking to charge their cars at your office and at recreational places. How many is several? Are they asking you personally to use electricity you are paying for? Is it your place of business? Is it your recreational facility and did you invite them? In what context are they asking? Are they asking as a perk of employment? Are they asking for it as a feature of the recreational place?

Could it be that the nature of EV's just bring out the nature of humans? What I mean by that, it takes 5-10 minutes to fill up a gas tank. It takes way longer to charge an EV especially on house voltage. Charging stations are much scarcer. That's a drawback of EV's. It's an evolving eco-system.

Some employers provide charging stations as a perk of employment. Some recreational places offer charging stations for the convenience of the patrons. Are you mistaking this as people acting entitled?

Maybe you're judging a little too harshly. Without more information I have no way to judge your complaint. But, assuming that people are acting entitled, that they're asking you personally to use electricity you're paying for, without any offer of compensation, they're entitled assholes to begin with and it has nothing to do with owning an EV.
    The range where I shoot is unattended much of the time. These folks just pulled up, plugged in and did their shooting. Did not ask (per range employee) and more than one person did this several times. Is this entitled behavior? I have no clue as doing this would never cross my mind. If I owned an EV, I would try to ensure that I could get home before I left the house without having to “borrow” electricity without asking.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The range where I shoot is unattended much of the time. These folks just pulled up, plugged in and did their shooting. Did not ask (per range employee) and more than one person did this several times. Is this entitled behavior? I have no clue as doing this would never cross my mind. If I owned an EV, I would try to ensure that I could get home before I left the house without having to “borrow” electricity without asking.

This is different from what Mike was saying. He made it sound like people he knew were doing this to him personally. I'm reacting to what he's saying, and trying to figure out what actually happened to him.

Plugging into power on the outside of the building without permission is stealing. I think comparing gasoline is not an equivalent. A lot fewer people would steal gasoline because it's not as accessible. Electricity is continuous. You aren't transferring anything tangible. I think it feels more like you're stealing gasoline so a lot fewer people would do it for that reason.

The point is, owning an EV doesn't make one entitled, that person already had the capacity to behave that way but for the opportunity. EV's are not creating a new breed of *******. If anything it's creating a new way for people who are already assholes to behave like assholes. Like many of the Prius virtue-drivers. But not all Prius owners are assholes. And not all EV owners are assholes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is different from what Mike was saying. He made it sound like people he knew were doing this to him personally. I'm reacting to what he's saying, and trying to figure out what actually happened to him.

Plugging into power on the outside of the building without permission is stealing. I think comparing gasoline is not an equivalent. A lot fewer people would steal gasoline because it's not as accessible. Electricity is continuous. You aren't transferring anything tangible. I think it feels more like you're stealing gasoline so a lot fewer people would do it for that reason.

The point is, owning an EV doesn't make one entitled, that person already had the capacity to behave that way but for the opportunity. EV's are not creating a new breed of *******. If anything it's creating a new way for people who are already assholes to behave like assholes. Like many of the Prius virtue-drivers. But not all Prius owners are assholes. And not all EV owners are assholes.
    This is exactly what I am referring to combined with a couple of friends that had friends ask to charge at their house while they visited. Commercial property managers have had to shut off outdoor outlets intended for landscaping equipment and Christmas lights because people were plugging into them without permission. Campgrounds and boat marinas are having people charging their cars and it drives up costs to all renters and creates discourse. Condo associations are having to deal with those that are plugging into the association power outlets intended for maintenance in the communal style garages.

That you doubt this is going on is unreal…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is exactly what I am referring to combined with a couple of friends that had friends ask to charge at their house while they visited. Commercial property managers have had to shut off outdoor outlets intended for landscaping equipment and Christmas lights because people were plugging into them without permission. Campgrounds and boat marinas are having people charging their cars and it drives up costs to all renters and creates discourse. Condo associations are having to deal with those that are plugging into the association power outlets intended for maintenance in the communal style garages.

That you doubt this is going on is unreal…
    No. I do not doubt that it happens. You made it sound like it was all happening to you. Like they were coming to your house. That they were coming to your place of business. And that seemed unlikely. Remember, when I said I was trying to figure out exactly what you were saying?

Okay. How's this for entitled assholes. I'm going down a divided highway, I'm in the left lane because I had a turn coming up. Bitch comes out from a side street and pulls in front of me and goes slow. I mean ridiculously slow. There was no one behind me. She could have pull out and gone behind me. Nevermind that she crossed a lane to get into mine.

So then the left hand turn light just turned red. Great. Bitch made me miss the light. So what does she do? She runs the ****ing light. It is as red as the light could ever get and she flat out runs it! Pink hair. Fat. Maybe mid to late 20s. Entitled *******. She was driving something like a mid-2000's dodge neon. Piece of ****. Entitled assoles drive a variety of cars. Low moral people will take every advantage available.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I remember the idiots that said this would never happen, just like those normalcy bias infected in this thread. How many posts has someone said they “are not making ICE illegal”. Heard the same BS about the light bulbs when it started.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No. I do not doubt that it happens. You made it sound like it was all happening to you. Like they were coming to your house. That they were coming to your place of business. And that seemed unlikely. Remember, when I said I was trying to figure out exactly what you were saying?
    There are things that people have experienced personally that they are not going to give you all the details of on the internet, which you would not believe anyway because if there is not a link it didn’t happen in your world…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are things that people have experienced personally that they are not going to give you all the details of on the internet, which you would not believe anyway because if there is not a link it didn’t happen in your world…
    Well no. I don't need a link. It depends how incredible is the claim I guess. For something like this plausibility + your word would be enough. It didn't sound plausible at first but after you explained some things, it's fine.

Top Bottom