• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd turn it on if they had Speed Racer sounds.
    Dodge plans to. And simulate a transmission with shift points.

Honestly, I think it may be a smart play to at least have it as an option for Dodge's market. Obviously some folks are fine with the sterile roller coaster launch of an EV, but others enjoy the total experience and want the sound, the non-linear feel, etc. I still enjoy shifting my own gears even though I know it's not 'better' in any metric other than fun and feelz.

EVs are going to be tough on motor sports, though. I've heard a lot of tracks are banning them due to the fire risk, both because insurance is higher and because the hotter fire can damage the track surface. At least that's the concern, I've no idea if it's a valid concern or not. Another forum I frequent has some racers and the general consensus is EVs are fast AF but only for a few passes then they need a long nap time to cool the battery enough for another full send without nanny mode reducing the draw and damaging it.
    it’s probably a valid concern. These fires are fairly rare, but when they happen, they happen big.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    No dog in the fight…

Do metro areas have the personnel on staff, training, hazmat, blankets? Probably

I moved 7 years ago from a town of 2200. May sons family still live in that town. We are back there very frequently.

There are a handful of people that I know (small town life) with Tesla’s. I am thinking that is going to be a deal if one catches fire in a garage. They are a largely volunteer fire department. That’s one town of thousands across the us.

My point: it can be a very big deal depending where you are at.

I am not anti electric. I am anti government driven mandates, and burying the notion that they are not extreme green. Making the batteries alone…
    I’m in a town of 3100. The local VFD just received a thermal imager last year. I believe an EV would be left to burn locally due lack of effective equipment. Maybe it’s time that all EV manufacturers pitch in and fund the necessary equipment so it can be deployed to every single FD. If not maybe the danger posed by the batteries can be used as a civil liability to break the financial backs of the manufacturers when death occurs from battery fires.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Thought #2: Cold's bad for EVs, mmmkay. Don't take them where it's cold, mmmkay.
    • EVs will stop global warming.
    • The planet will cool and EVs will not perform.
    • Gasoline vehicles will have a resurgence.
    • The planet will warm and the next generation of snowflakes will demand EVs
      • or nuclear vehicles and when they start exploding we get nuclear winter

The Circle of Life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%