• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    a little different when people aren't shooting at you though.
    But I imagine, that thought was in their minds as they climbed.

Also I don't think they had any safety gear in 1944.At least not the first guys climbing.
    Just falling from the top of the cliff was deadly.
    Not to mention the weight of their balls ... it doesn't help climbing a high cliff under enemy fire. :):

4e240c7352d0329ce1e297f9863e4b17.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    97 years old and still has huge balls. My heros!!

I saw an interview of him.He said he wanted to jump again next year, and the year after, until he's 101.Since he's from the 101st Airborne.

He had to train 6 months for the jump and was happy he didn't break both his knees.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ok, that's not a picture, still patriotic ...

Jon Stewart speaks in front of (mostly empty)Congress on behalf of 9/11 first responders.

You might not agree with all his political views but that was a great speech IMO.

[video=youtube;iQkMJgaHAkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQkMJgaHAkY[/video]

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    243 years ago today, men gathered together, and pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to the cause of liberty. Many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence knew that they would never fully enjoy the fruits of that liberty. They understood they were doing this for future generations of Americans, people they would never know. They were doing it... for us.

Since that day, the most brave among us has stood between the evil in the world, and our freedoms, keeping that liberty safe for us to enjoy. We have even extended that courtesy to millions of others around the globe, keeping them safe as well.

Celebrate today. Celebrate the day the greatest nation ever to grace the face of God's green earth was created. Know that we could not have done it without his divine guidance, and help, and our own brave warriors.

May God bless these United States of America.

65661824_2311612942420519_5858066685705060352_n.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He reads it better than I.

[video=youtube;4uE-tqe0xsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uE-tqe0xsQ[/video]

Top Bottom