• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's always very moving to see how the youngest generations are taugh about the sacrifice those soldiers have made.

I will do my best to share pictures.There should be a lot of events all across Normandy.Just the D-Day beaches and the Normandy American Cemetery (where the above picture was taken) will be a closed off.
    Also a city near by where heads of state will stay.
    I'm glad I toured those sites last year.
    I hope you get to visit all you want to this time. You always take the best pictures!
    I tried to take a bunch of good photos at pearl harbor both days I went but they are just with my phone, so nothing great. I think the most important part is never forgetting the sacrifices those men made at these sacred places and remembering that these battlefields are graveyards in themselves. Many of the fallen still are there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I hope you get to visit all you want to this time. You always take the best pictures!
    I tried to take a bunch of good photos at pearl harbor both days I went but they are just with my phone, so nothing great. I think the most important part is never forgetting the sacrifices those men made at these sacred places and remembering that these battlefields are graveyards in themselves. Many of the fallen still are there.

Thanks TT.
    I saw the Pearl Harbor pictures, I would like to visit the place someday.
    Even if I don't get to go to some of the events I will still visit local WW2 graves and go to the beach.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    composite_15273707492104.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you click on play, it tells you it' can't be played on "another platform".
    You have to click on the link to go to Youtube.

Basically, it's an excerpt from the song "Daylight Again".

Yeah, sorry CM - that used to not be limited to Youtube playback. It's a beautiful harmony with David Gilmour

That lyric always gets to me around Memorial Day

"Find the cost of freedom
    Buried in the ground
    Mother earth will swallow you
    Lay your body down"

Edit: If you're on a computer The 'Watch this video on youtube' line under Video Unavailable! is a hot link that will bring it up in another window (which will link to youtube)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, sorry CM - that used to not be limited to Youtube playback. It's a beautiful harmony with David Gilmour

That lyric always gets to me around Memorial Day

"Find the cost of freedom
    Buried in the ground
    Mother earth will swallow you
    Lay your body down"

Edit: If you're on a computer The 'Watch this video on youtube' line under Video Unavailable! is a hot link that will bring it up in another window (which will link to youtube)

Also from the song "Daylight Again" (which that excerpt is from)
    All the brave soldiers that cannot get older
    Been asking after you

"Soldiers that cannot get older", are the dead.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I get more Freedom goosebumps standing on the track every year pre-Indy 500 than most anywhere else nowadays. I try to always get a picture of the pagoda and scoring tower with the flyover.
    This year as active duty servicemembers rolled down pit lane in chevy pickup trucks around 50,000 fans along the straightaway stands erupted in a "USA, USA, USA" chant. I dont think ive ever felt more proud to be American or felt that all hope is not lost and that it was all worth it and gave me more strength to push on than in that moment. So if you were one of those people that day chanting "USA" thank you, you touched this Patriots heart.

VwO1QmB.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom