• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I really am curious as to who this person is.
    I recently learned his name starts with a P and ends with aul Lasowski, his mother lived where he lives and he was in Chicago. He came down here and then his mom died.
    His brother used to live where we live and after the mom died he couldn't handle being near this jerkwad so he sold the place to the people that we bought it from.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I recently learned his name starts with a P and ends with aul Lasowski, his mother lived where he lives and he was in Chicago. He came down here and then his mom died.
    His brother used to live where we live and after the mom died he couldn't handle being near this jerkwad so he sold the place to the people that we bought it from.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That sounds like some of the Illinois folks who have ended up in our area. I think the one is back in jail. He was on house arrest and they were monitoring him/checking on him at least weekly. I haven't seen any sign of life at that house for several months other than someone still mowing the grass occasionally. The mom that owns it lives in Illinois. Her son, who is there when not incarcerated, lives there and basically appears to run a chop shop out of it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That sounds like some of the Illinois folks who have ended up in our area. I think the one is back in jail. He was on house arrest and they were monitoring him/checking on him at least weekly. I haven't seen any sign of life at that house for several months other than someone still mowing the grass occasionally. The mom that owns it lives in Illinois. Her son, who is there when not incarcerated, lives there and basically appears to run a chop shop out of it.
    Is that west of you? With the Semi's?

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just saw one of those Daily Harvest commercials. I always thought their smoothies looked good (well, some of them anyhow), so out of curiosity I went to their website to see how much they cost. $7.99 EACH!! :drool: It would be a cold day in hell before I'd pay that much for a cup of frozen fruit. :nuts:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Just saw one of those Daily Harvest commercials. I always thought their smoothies looked good (well, some of them anyhow), so out of curiosity I went to their website to see how much they cost. $7.99 EACH!! :drool: It would be a cold day in hell before I'd pay that much for a cup of frozen fruit. :nuts:
    Haha, my wife did the fresh fruit and veggies subscription last winter when everything was out of stock at the stores. She wasn't impressed, only did the one month

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Across the road with the chain link fence around it...the compound as we call it. The semis....that is another story.....there is a child molester living there along with at least one other who is a felon.
    Ahh, that's good to know.

We should get together and have a beer sometime and tell stories of the crappy people in the area. Lol that's right up my wife's alley. She really loves hearing gossip.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Haha, my wife did the fresh fruit and veggies subscription last winter when everything was out of stock at the stores. She wasn't impressed, only did the one month
    I see the commercials for Daily Harvest and Hungry Root and things like that and in the commercials it's showing these young (college age?) kids literally getting all their groceries through them. I'd bet dollars to donuts I could get triple the amount of food at the grocery for what they're paying for these services. Just boggles the mind.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh and now there's something called Tovala I think. It has pre-packaged meals and you have to buy their special "oven" to use with them. You use your phone to scan a code, and that programs the "oven" to cook whatever meal you're putting in it. People are going to not even know how to cook a meal from scratch someday.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh and now there's something called Tovala I think. It has pre-packaged meals and you have to buy their special "oven" to use with them. You use your phone to scan a code, and that programs the "oven" to cook whatever meal you're putting in it. People are going to not even know how to cook a meal from scratch someday.
    There are already too many who not only can't cook from scratch, but don't even know where their food comes from.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Ahh, that's good to know.

We should get together and have a beer sometime and tell stories of the crappy people in the area. Lol that's right up my wife's alley. She really loves hearing gossip.
    We may have to do that sometime. There are a lot of interesting folks in the area.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nah...just call Instacart or one of those delivery services. No need to even go to the store anymore.
    Sadly there's a lot of truth to that. I'll be the first to admit that I do get a lot more pre-packaged foods and even fast food than I ever used to, but since Susan eats like a bird, it's hard to make a regular meal and not have the leftovers go bad before they get eaten.

I want to teach the boys to eat more "regular" meals but that's been challenging too. It's a foreign concept to them. Even last night I made broccoli and cheese sauce to go with their chicken nuggets (baby steps). First they saw the broccoli and were both saying, "we don't like broccoli!" I told them they'd never had it with cheese sauce before. They both took their first couple of bites and were saying how much they liked it, but then that's all they ate of it, and went back to saying they didn't like it.

So last night when they wanted a snack before bedtime, we gave them carrots with some ranch dressing (which they ate, but weren't really happy about it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom