• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They do charge for a lot of stuff though. Checking isn't free unless you do Direct Deposit or have so much money in a savings accounts attached to it. All big banks nickel and dime you to death unless you meet certain criteria.

A lot of credit unions really are free, except the ATM thing.
    We only pay ATM fees at the ATM we use if it isn't in network. I have never seen a fee charged by the CU for ATM fees. No direct deposit, no minimum savings to remain free. I do have to maintain a $5 balance in each account though.
    Yeah, I just have to Direct Deposit $500/month to keep it entirely free. I also get my checks free. Money orders etc I have to pay for, but I'm pretty sure you do at CUs too. As far as normal day to day banking I pay nothing.
    I get one free Cashiers Check a day. After that it is $2. I plan ahead if I know I need more than 1.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I just ran the weed eater until the battery died again.

I am trying to get the neighbors done too, she is afraid of them and trims the fence with scissors.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I get one free Cashiers Check a day. After that it is $2. I plan ahead if I know I need more than 1.
    I'll have to look into what mine does. I don't think I've EVER had to use one, and usually when I need a money order it's after banks are closed when i realize it, so I go to Meijer or Wally World.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'll have to look into what mine does. I don't think I've EVER had to use one, and usually when I need a money order it's after banks are closed when i realize it, so I go to Meijer or Wally World.

Cashier's check from Chase is $8 and I think a money order is about that too.

I get Money Orders from USPS or Kroger if I need them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Just found this on my Twitter. Forgot I had it. :D
    207786422.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom