• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    And why should I have to pay? That's just dumb.
    Well, you don't have to. You were just complaining about it taking too long and having to carry cash, so I presented you with a resolution.
    I'm with you. I'll carry cash rather than pay another fee

not that I pay many fees now, $1.95 a month is all our Credit Union charges on all accounts.
    Oh, I don't pay any fees unless I use a non-chase ATM. That is really rare, though, because Chase has ATMs EVERYWHERE.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That may be next someday and get rid of the mighty banks. The call center lady was just funny. She said they were canceling all transactions and canceling the card. I was trying to be honest and tell her I got gas this morning like an hour ago. And she just said "You won't be able to use this card anymore, we're going to cancel it. You're new one will arrive in 5 - 7 business days" :facepalm:
    when the cu called we went over all transactions for several days, I approved the ones I knew we used and told them the ones we didn't. They paid the ones I approved then shut it down.

Same as when I lost my card a month or so ago. We stood at the teller window going over everything and shut it down.

We don't talk to people who are foreign either when they have to call.

Harvester Financial on Brookville by Shadeland.. I know you pass by that area to get to work :dunno:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Also, I'm sure that they would argue that it is YOUR fault since you didn't guard your card number well enough. :laugh:
    I didn't get that. They did ask if the card was in my possession and I told them yes, when it was the France thing, and they shut it down without hassle. :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Harvester Financial on Brookville by Shadeland.. I know you pass by that area to get to work :dunno:

Yeah, sort of. I'll have to have a credit union that is either close to my house or close to work for it to be convenient enough to switch. Right now the bank I use has more locations than starbucks I think.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah, sort of. I'll have to have a credit union that is either close to my house or close to work for it to be convenient enough to switch. Right now the bank I use has more locations than starbucks I think.
    that's the bad thing about Harvester is the lack of branches.. but they are good.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Do you get charged when you use other banks ATMs?
    :dunno:

I don't carry cash so I don't use ATM's.
    I do know though if not in network we are charged whatever the fee is by that bank, not ours. I don't know who all is in network, I know TCU and Indiana Members is for sure as I have used those on occasion.
    I don't get charged if I use credit over debit or vice versa.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    :dunno:

I don't carry cash so I don't use ATM's.
    I do know though if not in network we are charged whatever the fee is by that bank, not ours. I don't know who all is in network, I know TCU and Indiana Members is for sure as I have used those on occasion.
    I don't get charged if I use credit over debit or vice versa.
    I was with TCU at one point and ended up leaving because I was getting charged by the other bank AND TCU if I was not able to find a network ATM. With Chase I don't have that problem because you can hardly spit without hitting an ATM with their name on it. I don't get charged for anything either.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I was with TCU at one point and ended up leaving because I was getting charged by the other bank AND TCU if I was not able to find a network ATM. With Chase I don't have that problem because you can hardly spit without hitting an ATM with their name on it. I don't get charged for anything either.

They do charge for a lot of stuff though. Checking isn't free unless you do Direct Deposit or have so much money in a savings accounts attached to it. All big banks nickel and dime you to death unless you meet certain criteria.

A lot of credit unions really are free, except the ATM thing.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    They do charge for a lot of stuff though. Checking isn't free unless you do Direct Deposit or have so much money in a savings accounts attached to it. All big banks nickel and dime you to death unless you meet certain criteria.

A lot of credit unions really are free, except the ATM thing.
    Yeah, I just have to Direct Deposit $500/month to keep it entirely free. I also get my checks free. Money orders etc I have to pay for, but I'm pretty sure you do at CUs too. As far as normal day to day banking I pay nothing.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The ATM thing hurt the worst with TCU because any time I wanted cash I either had to go out of my way to find an ATM to use or pay a $2.50 fee times two.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yeah, you can't beat the big banks for the number of locations. That's the only reason I have stayed with my "big bank". I cover a huge territory for work and other than WI and SD they always have a branch nearby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom