Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Good morning HP, V8.

I have a question for you V8, really 2.
    Was you at the Deer Expo at the fairgrounds yesterday about 3? Never met you, but saw someone that looked like your posted pics.
    2nd, when you mate the upper to your AR lower, I know that you push out the front & rear pins, then slide them back in. My question is, should the hammer be cocked or not?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Good morning HP, V8.

I have a question for you V8, really 2.
    Was you at the Deer Expo at the fairgrounds yesterday about 3? Never met you, but saw someone that looked like your posted pics.
    2nd, when you mate the upper to your AR lower, I know that you push out the front & rear pins, then slide them back in. My question is, should the hammer be cocked or not?

1. Nope, I was not there yesterday must've been my double :D

2. I always have the hammer cocked when I take it a part. I think its easier because you don't have to worry about the hammer being up and in the upper. If you take out the rear pin first though and rotate the upper straight up I'm not sure if it matters. However, if the hammer is down without the upper on it, it will put pressure on the bolt catch lever that it normally doesn't have.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    1. Nope, I was not there yesterday must've been my double :D

2. I always have the hammer cocked when I take it a part. I think its easier because you don't have to worrk about the hammer being up and in the upper. If you take out the rear pin first though and rotate the upper straight up I'm not sure if it matters. However, if the hammer is down without the upper on it, it will put pressure on the bolt catch lever that it normally doesn't have.

Thanks for the info.:yesway:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Good morning Gary. Got a shipping confirmation that my AR upper shipped from PSA.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: UPS says it will be here Tuesday. :rockwoot:

:rockwoot:
    sigpic4180_2.gif
    :D

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yep, I will be ready to go by next weekend. Got two ammo cans of XM855LC 62 grain ammo & the upper coming Tuesday, already got my scope last week and the scope mount & bipod will be delivered Thursday. Boy, I hope the weather is nice next weekend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom