Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pretty much...like everywhere I guess.

I am no longer working the polls. They are short handed and yet they are having an issue with the food vendor I chose so now I am not working. Apparently, the food vendor is a democrat and that is not acceptable to the republicans who are in charge. I told them I am done...they can find someone else to do it. They are now down 3 out of the 5 republicans that normally work our precinct. It should be interesting to see how that works with someone who has been the inspector before being in charge at a general election of this importance. My daughter and I are not working and one of the others is out of town that week for business.

That's too bad. I know good people are hard to find.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's too bad. I know good people are hard to find.

That is what I told the guy that called me today. He was hearing one side of the story and wanted to hear from me why I wasn't working. I told him they said they didn't need me, and I know that is not true. If they are truly to willing to go short handed rather than use people who are willing and have experience, that is just petty...all because they don't feel a democrat should cook our food. As I pointed out, Indiana Code says the Inspector is responsible for arranging the meals for their precinct. He agreed. I shake my head a lot over the stupid small town politics and crap I see here on a regular basis.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That is what I told the guy that called me today. He was hearing one side of the story and wanted to hear from me why I wasn't working. I told him they said they didn't need me, and I know that is not true. If they are truly to willing to go short handed rather than use people who are willing and have experience, that is just petty...all because they don't feel a democrat should cook our food. As I pointed out, Indiana Code says the Inspector is responsible for arranging the meals for their precinct. He agreed. I shake my head a lot over the stupid small town politics and crap I see here on a regular basis.
    I don't really understand the depth of feelings this election for either of these people. But people are willing to really burn bridges if you aren't sufficiently enthusiastic for their candidate.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't really understand the depth of feelings this election for either of these people. But people are willing to really burn bridges if you aren't sufficiently enthusiastic for their candidate.

The people who told me I am not needed to work are the same party as me.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom