The Official Status Update Thread: Part 145 - Happy Thanksgiving INGO!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I work with a bunch of idiots. We are getting new accounting software and we were in training this morning. No one understands that you don't need to input every freaking thing they were showing us. They were demonstrating the software capabilities. When we start using it we can only use the features we need and/or want. Don't get caught up in the details...this is just general training right now. Ugh.

I get to go through this process next year. I have a demo this afternoon with a potential vendor. I am so excited.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I work with a bunch of idiots. We are getting new accounting software and we were in training this morning. No one understands that you don't need to input every freaking thing they were showing us. They were demonstrating the software capabilities. When we start using it we can only use the features we need and/or want. Don't get caught up in the details...this is just general training right now. Ugh.

And, there is always one or two guys that no matter how much you explain it, will not get it.......

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    And, there is always one or two guys that no matter how much you explain it, will not get it.......

Yep.

And for whatever reason they are only giving people bits and pieces of the training. Some people have been to 5+ meetings, I've been to 2, other people haven't been to any. We all need to know what is going on so we can see how it all works together. The higher ups are acting like this is all a big ****ing secret.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yep.

And for whatever reason they are only giving people bits and pieces of the training. Some people have been to 5+ meetings, I've been to 2, other people haven't been to any. We all need to know what is going on so we can see how it all works together. The higher ups are acting like this is all a big ****ing secret.

Many businesses have a set of "accounting/cost/profit/" books that is accessible to employees and another set of "books" that is accessible to only the the CFO & CEO.....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Many businesses have a set of "accounting/cost/profit/" books that is accessible to employees and another set of "books" that is accessible to only the the CFO & CEO.....

I don't even care about the P&L statement, I'm just talking about the training of the new software. How to use it is good info to know.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have seen it first hand as both a Sales Rep and later in management. The Bean Counters say it costs $.65 to make the widget I sell for a $1.....

When I dig into it, I can find $.55 in true cost amd $.10 in "accelerated depreciation" or some BS like that.....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have seen it first hand as both a Sales Rep and later in management. The Bean Counters say it costs $.65 to make the widget I sell for a $1.....

When I dig into it, I can find $.55 in true cost amd $.10 in "accelerated depreciation" or some BS like that.....

That's the difference for us. We don't sell a product, we sell a professional service (ie: our time and reports), I know what I get paid...I also know what I bill out at...that is a big difference, but that is how the company makes money and pays for the non-billable people. I get it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom