Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Probably going to be digging a root cellar this spring. Use the dirt to build the water feature in the backyard, put the root cellar under. I've done the engineering research, and know what lumber I need to make it right. M'lady is too chicken to go in it, but I know I've so overengineered it you could park a semi on it without it collapsing. Anyone tries to take a semi in my backyard is gonna get shot in the face.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably going to be digging a root cellar this spring. Use the dirt to build the water feature in the backyard, put the root cellar under. I've done the engineering research, and know what lumber I need to make it right. M'lady is too chicken to go in it, but I know I've so overengineered it you could park a semi on it without it collapsing. Anyone tries to take a semi in my backyard is gonna get shot in the face.

Tuff guy.....:):

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh I have a gas powered auger; I'm way past digging a hole like that, and I can't convince my intransigent son to so much as put his damned panties in the laundry. I need a bigger stick or something.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    ooh. I almost forgot. I made another gun related purchase today.
    A lyman 1200 tumbler.
    Cost to me: $0.00
    Rewards card through bass pro FTW!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Either or. If you are #1 who would know. I would go with that

The Shadow knows!
    2575355_f520.jpg

He even has the ultimate lurker outfit!!! :yesway:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

We buried a shipping container. It has worked out really well.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Gotta be careful with those.
    They weren't designed for that.
    Mythbusters even had one collapse on them.

No way this one will collapse. It's been there for several years already. Sealed it with tar before we pushed the dirt back up to the walls to keep it from rusting. Roof is only about a foot under the soil. Shelves that are built inside of it support it very well the way hubby did it. The stairway to the entrance and the walls built where you go into it are also very well braced and supported. It will last until we are no longer here to use it. This is a 20 footer and it holds plenty. Vented it and store all sorts of stuff in there.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    No way this one will collapse. It's been there for several years already. Sealed it with tar before we pushed the dirt back up to the walls to keep it from rusting. Roof is only about a foot under the soil. Shelves that are built inside of it support it very well the way hubby did it. The stairway to the entrance and the walls built where you go into it are also very well braced and supported. It will last until we are no longer here to use it. This is a 20 footer and it holds plenty. Vented it and store all sorts of stuff in there.
    Good to know. I have been looking at them for storage... was surprised to find wood floors, and many are in lousy condition. Roofs are apparently in need of painting regularly to make sure they don't rust out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom